• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP L25500 printing on fabric

Deny_00

Hello!
I recently bought the HP L25500 and POLYCLOTH DIRECT textiles. However, I'm just a beginner and it's hard for me to take all that knowledge of the icc profiles and settings. Can anyone help me with that? I tried to print on textiles, but the colors on the textile are quite dark and dark. I believe it is because of those icc profiles and settings.
Maybe if someone is willing to look at settings in Rip (SAI) via Team Viewer.
Thanks in advance!

Dallas225

You better learn quick And make some money with that machine, HP is discontinuing consumables for that machine January 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIMO

You better learn quick And make some money with that machine, HP is discontinuing consumables for that machine January 2019 .

Hey Dallas,
Do you have a reference somewhere for that from HP? I don't doubt it will happen, just wasn't aware of the date.
Thanks

Hi Deny,

What type of material is the one you mentioned? Can you post a link? What are you gonna do with the printed fabric?

MIMO

Hi Deny,

If I had a profile for that media I'd gladly share it with you but that's a really wide open question with many facets and an answer that only comes after a lot of time and experience on what is now an older machine. We've still got three L25500s (8 years old by now) and can tell you that even now, any new media I take on for them can take time, hands on, to get right. I don't want to tell you it's impossible, but if you are trying to learn the ins and outs of that machine by yourself on something as finicky as textiles, you are in for a tough ride. These L25500s do some things extremely well, I'm honestly shocked we still have them, but if you don't know how to tweak them, you'll fight it forever and textiles are not the place to start.

That said, start with your media vendor. Do they support the fabric you are talking about being run on an L25500? If they do, you might get a quick answer. If so, do they still have profiles available for it?

And it's a little late now but someone on this forum gave some awesome advice a few years back that has always stuck with me and that I agree with. If you don't know the machine, don't buy used. The only people who seem to do okay with buying used printers are people who already have a good amount of experience on those same units.

Best of luck with it.

Deny_00

Hi Deny,

If I had a profile for that media I'd gladly share it with you but that's a really wide open question with many facets and an answer that only comes after a lot of time and experience on what is now an older machine. We've still got three L25500s (8 years old by now) and can tell you that even now, any new media I take on for them can take time, hands on, to get right. I don't want to tell you it's impossible, but if you are trying to learn the ins and outs of that machine by yourself on something as finicky as textiles, you are in for a tough ride. These L25500s do some things extremely well, I'm honestly shocked we still have them, but if you don't know how to tweak them, you'll fight it forever and textiles are not the place to start.

That said, start with your media vendor. Do they support the fabric you are talking about being run on an L25500? If they do, you might get a quick answer. If so, do they still have profiles available for it?

And it's a little late now but someone on this forum gave some awesome advice a few years back that has always stuck with me and that I agree with. If you don't know the machine, don't buy used. The only people who seem to do okay with buying used printers are people who already have a good amount of experience on those same units.

Best of luck with it.

Hello Mimo,

I already bought the machine.
How I've seen on youtube video ... can work on textiles, but calibration needs to be done.
This textile manufacturer does not have finished profiles on the internet as others. The material supplier does not have also.
The supplier can only offer calibration that is quite expensive.
I took this printer not just for printing on textiles, but I plan on wall papers and stickers to work.
Every beginning is difficult but can be successful.
Unfortunately for the new printer I do not have and will do my best to start the business.