• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Pros and Cons?

SAR.Summerlin

I have a question we run a HP Designjet L25500 and are looking for a cheap material to print mounting patterns on. I am told butcher paper will not work that the ink will run any other ideas?

GB2

Old Member
I have a question we run a HP Designjet L25500 and are looking for a cheap material to print mounting patterns on. I am told butcher paper will not work that the ink will run any other ideas?

I use the liner paper from rolls of laminate and draw the patterns with a plotter. Couldn't be cheaper or better.

Suz

Switch, thanks for the information! I went ahead and made the decision to purchase the Shiraz program, which we ran on a trial and like it very much. Thank you again!

DrCAS

We use the HP latex printer with a Caldera RIP. The RIP runs the HP as well as our VersaCamm. You can also run a Graphtec cutter from it but it does have it's quirks. The Cutting Master 2 software from Graphtec seems to work just fine.

The HP latex is awesome for banners. We run a lot of 13 oz Ultraflex material through it. The banners are virtually bulletproof right out of the printer. The prints should set for approximately 20-30 minutes before finishing. The same goes for vinyl prints. Sure beats the overnight outgassing the solvent prints required.

As far as consumables go, we like the idea of the replaceable print heads. they run around 100 bucks each and should be replaced every 3-4 cartridges of ink run. We find that the colors are vibrant and the black is awesome.

We have done three vehicle wraps with the HP so far and have been happy with the results. The colors on the vinyl seem to take a bit more stretching than the solvent prints do before starting to turn light.

The printer speed is good. The print quality is excellent. we feel it is a good value for the money. We run it just about everyday for hours. The built in take up is nice. we reverse wind the banners on the take up. It makes it easier to unroll them on the work table.

The latex prints take the heat from the Miller hem welder well, too. Sometimes the solvent printed banners seemed to not take the Miller well.

Overall, the HP latex has been a good addition to the shop.