• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Questions

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Getting the area ready for the HP printer and had a couple questions.

the setup guide says 3.5' all around and 10' in front of the printer. i don't have quite that much space, is this critical?

also, installing the sockets, where are the plugs on the machine, left or right side of machine?

thanks,

dave

HulkSmash

Mines has about 6 feet in front. and like 1 foot behind and around.. no issues at all. just make sure it's not in a tight space where it can't do its dance when it prints. It'll throw the calibration off.

marcsitkin

You'll need space on the right hand side of the machine to load rolls. The machine is set up so that you put the roll on the media table, slide in (from the right) the core spool, and snap on the left spool guide.

Take up roll comes off straight from the front.

Power cords do come from the center. But there is about a ten foot cord on each. We have alot of space but I would say about six feet in front like the above said would be plenty. You basically just need room to load and unload the materials. Also that guide to how much room you need I believe is for setting the machine up.

StarSign

We have had ours up and running for a couple months now and I have found that you need about 5-6 feet to the right of the machine to slide the spool into the core, it works great for me. As for the back I have it almost right up against a wall. I love the machine, its a keeper!!!

tattoo.dan

We have had ours up and running for a couple months now and I have found that you need about 5-6 feet to the right of the machine to slide the spool into the core, it works great for me. As for the back I have it almost right up against a wall. I love the machine, its a keeper!!!

this is how ours is set up too. printer is pretty slick

Good question and appreciate the answers. I ordered my hp this week and it is sheduled to be installed Tuesday. When you say you need space on the right for loading is the right side ofthe machine or the right side of machine when you look at it.

GB2

Old Member
You really need 6' of space on either the left or right side of the machine for ease of loading material. It's ideally on the right side as you face the machine but I didn't have any space on the right and I've adapted to loading from the left without any problem. If you don't have any space on the right or left then you will have to load your media onto the shafts somewhere else, like another table. The shafts come off the machine and then they are inserted into the media cores.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I was under the impression that you shouldnt use a surge protector with the HP latex.

Am I wrong on that?

it's in the setup documentation, and i can't see how it would hurt it. i ended up getting a "whole house" protector, just hook it to the breaker panel on a double pole 20A breaker - $50 - home depot. the guy at home depot told me i could get a better deal at the commercial electrical store down the road, but i didn't feel like shopping.

Dave Rowland

and the master power switch is on the back middle!!!! and your not allowed to roll the printer forward as bottom right wheel has a sensor thing on it.

signswi

Shouldn't need to hit the master switch too often, only on really bad jams/head strikes. We've got about 1.5' behind ours and it's plenty.

Freese

The sensor attaches to the leg when it's in it's final position and requires you to lock the wheel to slide it on. If the printer needs to be moved completely and not just swiveled, there is a thumbscrew you can simply take it off to move.