• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp l25500 red

I have printed some banners and can't get a good red. I've tried rgb red, cmyk and they seem more orange in sunlight.

Any suggestion to a good rich red on banners.

UPSSByTheSea

I bought my L25500 with an Onyx rip. Installer disk had a Pantone color chart which I printed on scrim banner material and hangs in my store for reference. We refer to it daily when trying to identify "the right color". Check your installer disk for one and see the colors for yourself. No more guessing. PM me if you can't find the file and I'l send you what I have.

dypinc

What profile do you use. I have tried a lot and can't get a good print on banner.

I have never had a problem getting good reds.

After you do a linearization, what does your profile chart look like. It should have good reds in it. So, there should be no reason that you can't get good reds.

It could be that you set the ink limits too high and your gettting a milky look. What are your ink limit settings. Also your light inks should be set to not put ink down from from about 60% density on up.

ProColorGraphics

I have great luck using pantone spot colors. 185c for a bright red and 186c for a deeper red work great for me. I am using Caldera for my RIP.