Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP L25500 "Replace Faulty Ink Cartridge"

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by fillupc, Feb 24, 2011.

1. fillupc

fillupc New Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Watkinsville, GA
    Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the following error? L25500 keeps asking me to "Replace Faulty Ink Cartridge". This started during the middle of a print. Printer stopped and will not continue despite the cyan cartridge being 90% full and nearly brand new.

Thanks for any help.

Phillip

Tags:
  2. gregger2k

gregger2k New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    We had that problem when setting up our new L25500. I was about to call our vendor for a replacement cartridge when on the 8th or 9th re-insertion it worked.

I would pull it out and shake it a bit and re-insert. It might take several times. HP also has instructions for cleaning the cartridge contracts.. that might help.

-Greg

3. fillupc

fillupc New Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Watkinsville, GA
    Thanks for the help Greg.

I tried cleaning contacts and also shaking the cartridge, but had no luck with either method. When I pull up the info screen for this cartridge, there is no serial number or any other info. I'm crossing my fingers that it is just a bad cartridge...find out in the morning.

Phillip

4. fillupc

fillupc New Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Watkinsville, GA
    For those who may have the same problem with a cartridge...

Never did get printer to continue printing with the faulty cartridge. I called my supplier and was told that HP requires all cartridge warranty cases to go directly through HP. After about 10 minutes on the phone with HP, a new cartridge has been shipped with overnight delivery. In the end, I'm just happy the problem was in the cartridge and not in the printer!!! Bonus, I did not have to just "eat" the cost of 775ml of cyan ink.