• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 "Replace Faulty Ink Cartridge"

fillupc

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the following error? L25500 keeps asking me to "Replace Faulty Ink Cartridge". This started during the middle of a print. Printer stopped and will not continue despite the cyan cartridge being 90% full and nearly brand new.

Thanks for any help.

Phillip

gregger2k

We had that problem when setting up our new L25500. I was about to call our vendor for a replacement cartridge when on the 8th or 9th re-insertion it worked.

I would pull it out and shake it a bit and re-insert. It might take several times. HP also has instructions for cleaning the cartridge contracts.. that might help.

-Greg

fillupc

Thanks for the help Greg.

I tried cleaning contacts and also shaking the cartridge, but had no luck with either method. When I pull up the info screen for this cartridge, there is no serial number or any other info. I'm crossing my fingers that it is just a bad cartridge...find out in the morning.

Phillip

fillupc

For those who may have the same problem with a cartridge...

Never did get printer to continue printing with the faulty cartridge. I called my supplier and was told that HP requires all cartridge warranty cases to go directly through HP. After about 10 minutes on the phone with HP, a new cartridge has been shipped with overnight delivery. In the end, I'm just happy the problem was in the cartridge and not in the printer!!! Bonus, I did not have to just "eat" the cost of 775ml of cyan ink.