• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 spitting lines?

vinylbytim

Hey guys I just picked up a nice used L25500. I have been playing with it setting profiles and all that fun stuff. I just replaced the yellow/black printheads because the black was having problems. I am now getting lines like the printheads are dragging or something but I know that they aren't. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated since this is my first latex and I have only had mimaki's before.

Attachments

• HP l25500 Bad print.jpg
    HP l25500 Bad print.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 110

chafro

Are the lines the same color as the print? Green?

if the are then it's probably a fiber that is dragging on the ink when it's still wet. You need to turn off the printer, take the head cleaning kit out. Then move the cart a bit to the left. At the right if the six heads theres another rectangular hole,,, in on of my printers fibers from the cleaning kit get stuck there. Just clean iit and you will be ready.

Typestries

Above would be my advice. I'd add get a mechanics inspection mirror. That and a flashlight will help tremendously in getting the fibers you cant see.

Also make sure to keep your rails well oiled. Not related to the fuzz but a common l25500 issue.

vinylbytim

Thanks guys that is exactly what it was. I got in there and cleaned the whole carriage now its all good. If any one needs the service manual for this printer let me know I have it.