• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP l25500 take up reel issues

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I left the shop during a 42' banner print and when I returned the last 15 feet of the banner had tracked off a bit and started rolling up all crinkled on the take up reel. I rolled it out on the floor and used the arrows to start rolling it up on the reel. half way through I heard a snap and the take up unit stopped working. I assumed I blew some sort of fuse. I talked to an HP tech asking if there was a fuse in there and he informed me there wasn't and that I had blown the motor, which he said was $417. not ready to give up on the motor, I took the unit apart and found that the motor when current was put to it still turns. I put it back together and once in a while the arrows will move the motor, but slow and jerky and has no power, ie, it wont turn the reel with material on it. the lights blink randomly. the lights turn off when the forward or reverse buttons are set and nothing works. the main display is randomly having issues connecting to the take up unit sending messages once in a while that it cannot connect to take up unit.

is it the motor or is it some sort of connection problem?

Suz

Do you have to use the take up? Will machine still print without using it? Just curious. I have never used my take up, but am always in the shop when running a job, just my habit.

Suz

You are right, flopping on floor ain't good! I comeback every so often and just roll it and set it on the loading area. Have to keep checking, but I am always close by, so that works for me. Just wondered if you could still print is all. I don't trust any machine to leave it running when I am not in the room. Again, just my habit.

Hope you get her fixed up easily.

sunnytimes2

hey , i don't know if you fixed this or not but we did today .. our take up reel stopped working after hearing a few pops during a long staticy run. we took it apart today and on the circuit board we found a spot that you can tell was heat burned , theirs a small black chip , one end was popped up off the board , we soldered it back down and it works .. we only used it for a bit but its still going..

we have fixed so many things on our L25500 it makes me laugh. lemme know if you need any help.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Cool, thanks, i'll try it tomorrow!

Perfect timing, I just bid on job to print 24 rolls (30"x50yrd), would suck not to have the take up reel working!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I took everything apart, searched every electric board on the machine and couldn't find anything burnt out.

put it back together and had a few tense moments when the machine wouldn't turn on.... one of the boards i pulled out of the motherboard wasn't seated properly.

still no take up reel...

anyone else had this problem???