Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP L25500

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by signpromarshall, Feb 1, 2020.

1. signpromarshall

signpromarshall New Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Minnesota
    Anyone know of a technician that will work on this printer?
    Was a very reliable, good printer till HP stopped supporting it.
    I am in southwest Minnesota. I would haul this thing if needed. Or, should I just junk the thing and buy a Mimaki or Roland that can be repaired forever.

Tags:
  2. dale911

dale911 President

Jan 31, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    You should probably start shopping. I had the same printer and the heads dropping out were the most annoying thing with them (as well as the cost of consumables) it’s definitely more expensive to operate a latex than it is a solvent or even a UV printer. Several of the manufacturers are starting to allow bulk ink which saves a lot of money vs the cartridge versions. I have all 3 types of printers and use them all for different types of products.

3. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Personally I would not repair an L25. You can get brand new tech for not much any more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wide Image Solutions

Wide Image Solutions Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Rockwall, TX
    HI We know everything about them and have all the parts. The real issue is of course the printheads. We are located in Dallas Tx though. We do have a great trade in program that you might consider, trading that unit in on a L26500 or 360 would be the best choice. thx www.Wideimagesolutions.com

5. signpromarshall

signpromarshall New Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Minnesota
    U would trade in for a 360

6. Wide Image Solutions

Jan 7, 2020
    Rockwall, TX
    Hi yes we would give you $1000 towards a 360. thx www.wideimagesolutions.com

7. Wide Image Solutions

Jan 7, 2020
    Rockwall, TX
    Good Afternoon
    I wanted to follow up on the last message. Are you still interested in trading your printer?