• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L260 (26500) - Take-up reel jam

MikeyG

Hi there
My brand new HP L260 (formerly called L26500) is telling me that there is a take-up reel jam, and that I must clear it before I can print.
However, the take-up reel is clear, with nothing on it. The tension bar is fitted and moves freely up and down if I try it. The take-up reel sensors are both clear, with nothing in their way.

I can't find any information online on how to clear a take-up reel jam!

Can anyone offer me any advise, please?

UPDATE: I did the old "turn it off and on again" thing, and this seemed to clear the problem. It's printing again now. I'd still like to know how to clear a take-up reel jam, though - it takes so long to shut down and restart this beast!

FrankW

There is a photocell checking when the media moves down to start winding. If this photocell lets the motor wind but this will not release the cell, the winding stops, the LED on the take- up-unit will start flashing red and green, and as far as I think that is meant by a take- up-jam. So, even if you use the take up or not, if something blocks the photocell this error could happen.

jason_hamilton

I've had this problem a few times myself on my L26500. If the take-up reel in enabaled but not in use, it will cause a "jam". Just make sure the take-up is disabled in the substrate menu. At least that was the cause in my situation. Hope it helps.