• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L260 ink all over

BK Vinyl

This is my first large format printer and it's only a few months old, but what's going on here? Had a media jam recently. It keeps erroring out looking for the line on double sided prints. Now I know why... What's going on here?

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 111

Asuma01

I wouldn't even bother posting this here. It seems pretty serious. Call HP tech support.
1-800-334-5144

This is my first large format printer and it's only a few months old, but what's going on here? Had a media jam recently. It keeps erroring out looking for the line on double sided prints. Now I know why... What's going on here?

The OMAS sensor is what is used to locate the line for side B. Is the printer reporting any errors with the OMAS? It is possible that the lens is dirty (covered with ink) and needs to be cleaned.

BK Vinyl

Yes, the OMAS error was displayed so I opened it up to clean it and found ink all over. It looks like it leaking out by the jam reflector.

danno

Is there a possibility that there is some media on the bottom of the carriage? Looks like a serious head strike you had. Also, check for debris at the capping station.