• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L260 Print Issues with Grey

valleyexpo4950

20140910_145454.jpg 20140910_153945.jpg

Hello,

I have been having some issues lately with a certain clients graphics. It seems to be printing a banding/streaking that I cannot resolve in the graphic. I have tried different print settings for heat/curing, etc. I have tried alignments, cleanings, replacement of ink cartridges and print heads. I have tried different types of print vinyl as well. Any suggestions would be helpful. Running on Wasatch 6.9. Attached is an image that is hopefully helpful

Thanks

valleyexpo4950

Tried all of those. If I go lower on vacuum/tension it actually looks worse. These printers are great until you get an upset client. Sometimes I wish I could just snap my fingers and have either the brand new hp printers or just switch to direct print flatbeds.

CES020

Ink limits is an option for that media when you profile it. I know where it is in Onyx, but not where it is in Wasatch.

AF

The OP may be using a canned profile or the wrong profile, I would start from scratch and make a good profile. I have had no issues with custom profiles, but found that canned profiles can be a can of worms. This is the perfect time to invest in a spectro / ICC engine.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Yes, all in the profile. I have found with the right profiles, the HP L260 prints grays better than any printer I have run. There are some PMS greys that tend to 'green' on me, but mostly I hit perfect grays every time.