• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L260 RIP Choice

tgraphic

What is the best RIP fit for the HP L260?
Seems as though Onyx 11 is having some issues.
Is Caldera the way to go?
Currently we are running Postershop 10 and looking at an upgrade to run the L260.
Don't want to go the upgrade route to Onyx 11 if it is buggy.

bigben

I have Caldera with my L26500. I've run flexisign and versawork when I had my roland. Caldera is by far the best rip I ever had. I also have easymedia to create my profiles and I love it.

MikePro

onyx10 workin' great with my HP26500.
no-way I'm upgrading to 11 anytime soon. ain't broke, no reason to "fix"/waste $$$.

FooSchnickens

Wish I had a spare box to give Caldera a try on. Been using Onyx 10 for about a year now and while it's not bad, it's not really good, either.

I think obtuse is a good way to put it. Vital options buried in menus and a queue system as flexible as an I-beam are the biggest detractors for me. The Job Editor is a breeze to use, though, and once all the fiddly settings are figured out quicksets keep me out of the maddening menus.

Anicom

Using Onyx 11 for both our GS6000 and our 26500, it works very well for us. It does take some time up front to get all of the "little settings" just the way you want them for each media but once that's done, it's a breeze. Haven't hit any bugs yet and really don't expect to now.

tenwesten

I purchased Caldera and the rip is very good. If you used Onyx in the past it does take some getting use to as it is different. The media Profiler does do a good job as well. Also their technical support is great