• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 & 3M IJ480 CV3 colour fading

Dav1n

As above, I have a HP L26500 and we use 3M IJ480CV3 media for our wraps. The problem that we are having is that even with a little stretching or applying heat to the media the colours really fade out terribly. I have used heaps of different profiles and heat settings but problem doesn't change at all. We have the same problem when using the 3M IJ180CV3 media as well.

Currently using 792 inks with the Ergosoft RIP.

Thanks

danno

We don't have issues with the IJ180cv3-10, There are some issues around complex bumper corners where we have worker with our installers and developed work arounds. If you are getting you L26500 to print on 480, you are doing better than us. We have substantial colour shift just printing on the 480 with that machine. I have been in contact with 3M and HP, used various different profiles and haven't found a cure. Our quick fix was printing the roll on our LX800.

FrankW

I have tested the 480 on a L26500 and L28500, and have created profiles (Onyx) for both machines. The printing results are very nice, but I haven't tested stretching it. I know people who uses 480 for car wrapping, but have no feedback about that issue until now. Regularly, Latex should be more stretchable than solvent or UV-inks.

One thing: better using 100°C than 110°C, high heat destroys the coating.

I will check that on monday in the office.

neil_se

Interestingly the Arlon supplied profile I was using previous for a l26500/Arlon dpf6000xrp/Photoprint combo used a high ink setting. I've just done a custom profile this week for our new Caldera install at 10 pass low ink but I haven't given it a real test yet.

InkJet

Hi Dav1n,
Its a question of the ink restriction/loads within the profile.Try to increase the ink values, this should yield better results. Also some of the substrate are only meant to be strectched 20%~30%, if they are streched beyond the specs you can also see the ink fade.