• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 and L28500

jasonx

Anyone got any more info? Doesn't seem like a big change.

Attachments

• hp.jpg
    hp.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 148

J Hill Designs

It is said to enable richer blacks and a glossier finish, while also featuring improved water resistance that is needed for fabric and textile applications.

In addition, HP's new double-sided printing workflow allied with an Optical Media Advance Sensor (OMAS) on the printer enables double-sided printing with minimal operator intervention.

The OMAS controls registration automatically by locating a registration mark when the printed media is reloaded to print the reverse side.

ProColorGraphics

They've done it with the LX800/lx850. So I guess it will be aviable for the L25500/L26500...

That is what I was thinking. It would be a smart move since it would keep these new customers happy, or make them happier, and more likely to make them want to upgrade to the new one when they can. Versus just tick them off.

bigben

Just had the confirmation that the L26500 will be at the ''graphics Canada'' show next week. No machines ares ready for resale yet.

tylercrum

Potential stupid question alert!
Can they do a firmware update that would allow me to use the OMAS on my l25500 to read a registration mark so I can do double-sided printing without the nightmare that it currently is....??

jasonx

Potential stupid question alert!
Can they do a firmware update that would allow me to use the OMAS on my l25500 to read a registration mark so I can do double-sided printing without the nightmare that it currently is....??

Can they? Possibly.
Will they? Doubt it.

Our L25500 is great for what we use it for and the L26500 looks like will be replacing one of our other current solvent printers.

nate

The 800 to 850 upgrade is on a $200k production machine (and was in the $5k-$7.5k range). Not a $13k printer.

I don't know about that. The two HP techs that come to us for the L25500s both say they are being trained to do the upgrade for that model.

The LX800 using the 610 inks was a significant upgrade for us as we print on a lot of fabric with this machine. We're pretty pleased with the new inkset. Seeing it in the DesignJet range is going to make that range even better.

Graphix Guru

Hp l26500

Has anyone seen pricing for the 26500 yet? Yeah, I know it's going to be a lot more than the blowout "special" pricing I've seen on here lately, but if the problems with the "beta-version" 25500 have been resolved then in my mind it will be worth the wait. Hopefully HP has sorted out the issues with its predecessor (mismatched panels, material shrinkage/bowing, poor take-up system, etc.).

We're currently running a Designjet 9000 & have been waiting to take the latex plunge. Just as we were about to pull the trigger on the L25500, I discovered a lot of conflicting information between this forum & that of the http://hpl25500users.ning.com/ website. Most of the folks in here love their printers, but I've seen a lot of complaints on the other website... Tough choice to make, especially as the 9000 is showing its age & is out of warranty. Hopefully it will hold together until the 26500 has been out for awhile & I can see other users' impressions of it before buying.

Thanks to all the kind folks on here who are so generous in sharing their knowledge of these (& other) printers. It certainly helps make the decision-making process a whole lot easier with the education I've gotten here!

:thankyou: