• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 - Available Profiles are Crappy - Can't Get Good Red!

I-try

A Fellow Sign Guy!
I recently bought an L26500, using it in combination with Flexi 12. I cannot get a decent Red color out of this thing to save my life! I am am printing on Oracal 3651 and 3951, same result, using Oracal's ICC profiles. Need help! Does anyone have a decent profile that would work to get a decent Red out of this thing?

This is my personal machine that I have at my home. It has bailed us out as I am currently waiting on a new printhead for our Mutoh 1624 at work. But I need help with the color red, that is the only color I have not really been able to get something decent.

Brandon708

I have a 3 series but my best red comes when I print Pantone 187c.

Not sure if that would be better but there are a lot of reds to print and not just the profile to worry about.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Combination of both. I had two projects I was printing last night, one raster and one vector, problem seems to be with both.

I find reds to be "fun" to hit, when I print something that has a red in it and it's not quite right I think back to a job that I printed where the red did work well and import the file and i-dropper it in, this works for vector.

raster is another story, the tinkering is more extensive...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Use the color replacement tool in Flexi to override the RIP on that color and input your own values. When you pick a color in your design software, the rip will interpret it based on the profile which changes the values. If you want to control those values directly, you either need to turn off color correction or manually do it yourself with the replacement tool. Other than that you would need to make your own profile or just try a bunch of them until it works,.

I-try

A Fellow Sign Guy!
Update to this fiasco... what ultimately ended up being the problem is that... you ready for this??? HP sent out a batch of HP792's magenta ink with the wrong color loaded it in. Therefore, a good portion of my colors were off. So, they replaced the magenta and both M/LM printheads and bada-bing!! All works great now!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Update to this fiasco... what ultimately ended up being the problem is that... you ready for this??? HP sent out a batch of HP792's magenta ink with the wrong color loaded it in. Therefore, a good portion of my colors were off. So, they replaced the magenta and both M/LM printheads and bada-bing!! All works great now!
Has happened many times in the past.