Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP L26500 - Available Profiles are Crappy - Can't Get Good Red!

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by I-try, Dec 12, 2018.

1. I-try

I-try A Fellow Sign Guy!

Jan 30, 2018
    Des moines
    I recently bought an L26500, using it in combination with Flexi 12. I cannot get a decent Red color out of this thing to save my life! I am am printing on Oracal 3651 and 3951, same result, using Oracal's ICC profiles. Need help! Does anyone have a decent profile that would work to get a decent Red out of this thing?

This is my personal machine that I have at my home. It has bailed us out as I am currently waiting on a new printhead for our Mutoh 1624 at work. But I need help with the color red, that is the only color I have not really been able to get something decent.

Tags:
  2. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

what are you printing, raster or vector?

3. I-try

I-try A Fellow Sign Guy!

Jan 30, 2018
    Des moines
    Combination of both. I had two projects I was printing last night, one raster and one vector, problem seems to be with both.

4. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    I have a 3 series but my best red comes when I print Pantone 187c.

Not sure if that would be better but there are a lot of reds to print and not just the profile to worry about.

5. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

I find reds to be "fun" to hit, when I print something that has a red in it and it's not quite right I think back to a job that I printed where the red did work well and import the file and i-dropper it in, this works for vector.

raster is another story, the tinkering is more extensive...

6. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Use the color replacement tool in Flexi to override the RIP on that color and input your own values. When you pick a color in your design software, the rip will interpret it based on the profile which changes the values. If you want to control those values directly, you either need to turn off color correction or manually do it yourself with the replacement tool. Other than that you would need to make your own profile or just try a bunch of them until it works,.

7. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    Also in the "Output Setting" drop down in the Rip and Print. Make sure it set to Use Color Correction.

8. I-try

I-try A Fellow Sign Guy!

Jan 30, 2018
    Des moines
    Update to this fiasco... what ultimately ended up being the problem is that... you ready for this??? HP sent out a batch of HP792's magenta ink with the wrong color loaded it in. Therefore, a good portion of my colors were off. So, they replaced the magenta and both M/LM printheads and bada-bing!! All works great now!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Has happened many times in the past.