• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Blurring

daenterpri

Hey all! I've just had my L26500 about a week now and I'm loving it.

However, this evening, I'm running a bunch of decal jobs and this just started happening (see attached). The blurring is at the very beginning of the decal job and then cleans up pretty quickly.

Right before it started doing this I had run a decal job on a bad profile on accident and it came out all blurry. And now these new jobs are starting out blurry even though they are on the right profile. Maybe I need to reset something?

Thanks!

Attachments

• blur.jpg
    blur.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 79

MikePro

good follow-up on your own thread! :toasting:

i run a 26500 and am curious... did this alignment issue just simply pop-up or did something else cause it?
i've been printing care-free since install of the printer, but am always on guard to prepare for any issues that could arise.

daenterpri

I THINK it was caused by an improper profile slipping in there. Sometimes Flexi decides to use a profile other than my default on new jobs... I just need to watch for it.

Print head alignment seemed to do the trick :)

I don't believe that it is possible for a media profile from your RIP to cause printheads to come out of alignment. Typically, replacing a printhead, or a head strike can cause this, but not the use of a media profile in your RIP.

daenterpri

I don't believe that it is possible for a media profile from your RIP to cause printheads to come out of alignment. Typically, replacing a printhead, or a head strike can cause this, but not the use of a media profile in your RIP.

Hmmm.... maybe me doing an alignment and it working was just a coincedence. Maybe it was just a problem with a bad profile, not actually out of alignment? I'll probably send a picture to my tech and see what he thinks.

MikePro

maybe bad profile settings dialing temperature way-up, causing material to stretch during the print?