• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Calibrating Error

Cmiller01

Printer
Hi All,
We just purchased a HP L26500 in Jan. Been running about a month, pretty m uch love the machine over my solvent machine ( no smell or headaches anymore! ) . Theres just 1 issue with it so far, when the machine was installed the tech never got it to use the internal Eye1 to calibrate material. Throws and error in Onyx every time. He put a support ticket out and I got 1 call back who didnt know what it could be and said they were going to contact Onyx to see if it was an Onyx issue, perhaps they had a patch for it. No calls back been about 2 weeks. I just called and emailed tech support again this morning and am getting impatient. Anyone else have this issue?

Redfield

I've never had an issue with the i1 built into the machine. Do you have the latest firmware installed in the printer? Which version of Onyx do you have?

Cmiller01

Printer
I have onyx 10.1 .. not sure how you check the firmware? I thought it was updated when the tech was here.....but not sure...

sowinski_t

In your printer web access thing, go to the "setup" tab and click on "firmware update" in the column on the left. You get a few paragraphs of text, and in the first one (bolded) you will get your current firmware version. The most recent one is 8.0.0.1 I believe, and if you are in a previous version it has instructions on how to update it.