• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 CODE 79:04

Maddogmike

Weirdest thing! My HP L26500 JUST STARTED this problem.
We getting ready to print (only print fine otherwise) the printhead carrige flies over to home super fast. Code pops up 79:04.

Tried restarting as code suggests still continues to slam to the right to home.
Reinstalled Firmware still crashes.

Has anyone had this issue and how was it remedied?

Mike

Maddogmike

Also once I got a code...
  • : 01.0:03
  • Description:Error impact I2C channel. There is an error with a board in the Electronics Module.
  • Remedy:• Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord. Reconnect the power cord and power On the Printer.• If the System Error continues, replace the Sausalito PCI PCA

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Unplug the encoder sensor wire plug, and replug it in.
Is the new encoder strip identical to the old one?
I bought a new one, and found the sensor in the head was entirely different, and I needed to buy a matched pair..
(The new encoder strip was different from the old one...)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would also guess encoder problems but how does the trailing cable look like? Is it splitting and showing steel mesh?
I don't think it's so usual with L260 but worth checking out anyway.
Could also be a faulty printhead.... I guess, with these china supplies.

Any why was the encoder replaced? Probably not for fun?

Last edited:

george paris

My opinion, they just aren't built to last long. Had one, ran fine for about 7 yrs then problems arose. Much like an old car, only HP doesn't provide parts and consumables for them! Throwing money at it is a best a short term solution.
I replaced mine with a HP 335 new; cost around 12K Been running it with no issues to speak of for almost 2 yrs now. Getting ready to call it a day soon and I will be looking for a new home for it. Any chance you are in the Boston area?

Maddogmike

I rebuilt the machine from the ground up when everyone was dumping theirs! Parts I have. I'm trying tomorrow the Sausalito PCI PCA board tomorrow to see if that's the problem. I have a spare one.

Weirdest thing! My HP L26500 JUST STARTED this problem.
We getting ready to print (only print fine otherwise) the printhead carrige flies over to home super fast. Code pops up 79:04.

Tried restarting as code suggests still continues to slam to the right to home.
Reinstalled Firmware still crashes.

Has anyone had this issue and how was it remedied?

Mike
Start here.
Find the oldest head that has the most liters and replace it with any other clogged but electrically OK one.
If the problem occurred after replacing the head, replace the last new one. Just because a head is new doesn't mean it's working.
You can also replace all the heads with old but electrically sound ones.
The problem is very rare, but it does happen sometimes.

Is it this one?
Pretty sure I figured out what was causing it.

Attachments

• 20231010_175214.jpg
    20231010_175214.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 72