• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Color Issues

Cmiller01

Printer
Hello Everyone,
We purchased an HP L26500 in January and love the machine ecept for one big problem. The colors aren't the same week to week. We do alot of repeat jobs that need to match and this is a huge issue for us. I am going to call HP tech support again about it. I have called them before and they tried to blame it on the "printhead being out of warranty" even though it still said OK as the status. So I changed them, all of them. Every time they get out of warranty I change them. Problem is, the colors are still changing. Even from a few days later they are slightly different. Enough that I have to check every color and tweak it before we run the jobs. It is very frustrating. Printhead test looks fine. I run another machine off of the same .ONYX rip and absolutely no issues with color so I know it is not the RIP. Anyone else have a similar issue that could shed some light on this? Is it just the nature of the beast because of the disposable parts?

Can you post two images of the 'before' and 'after' color shifts for the same file? There are a dizzying array of things that can (and often do) cause color shifts in print production, These include print room environment (temp and humidity must remain reasonably constant), nozzle performance, device linearity, software changes/ updates, and more. The key is to be aware of these variables, and hold them constant to the extent possible.

sowinski_t

I've found that changes in the temp/humidity will actually throw the colours off a LOT, even from one end to another of a long print. Try to maintain the environment as constant as possible would be my main suggestion.

HulkSmash

temperature, humidity, and stuff of that nature all plays a huge part in this. The only way you will EVER get consistent color is call your rip support ask them what their color program is, pay $4,000 to upgrade to that and get a spectrometer.

good luck