• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 curing/drying issue

Pegler911

Hi all,

Our HP L26500, six months old, decided it needed a new heating unit last week, and showed the typical behavior by printing two or three feet of a print, then shutting down. We had the heating unit replaced yesterday, and afterwards, printed a dark burgundy car-sized wrap on Avery Easy-Apply RS perfectly. This morning, however, it will not do the same. See the pictures for the first print of the day...terrible. so I upped the drying and curing temp, and managed to get a good burgundy as in the second pic, but the speckled nastiness is still present but only at the edges of the media. Any ideas? I expect it's another expensive repair, but I thought I would run it by you guys n girls in the forums first. Thank you in advance. Frustrated Gary The HP Owner.

Attachments

• DSCF0327.jpg
    DSCF0327.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF0328.jpg
    DSCF0328.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 119

danno

Did you try a different roll or brand of vinyl? Does it happen through the complete run?

Pegler911

Thank for your reply!

I've not tried a different material because the Avery is what we predominantly use on this machine. It worked absolutely perfectly before our heating unit went boom-boom. It's now printing speckled at the edges for the first 12 inches, then it prints perfect across the whole 54 inch width. I've adjusted the warm up offset and the cure offset in our Onyx 11. still the same.

DougWestwood

too much ink?

Looks to me like a corrupted profile, spitting too much ink.
Try re-doing the profile (ie: copying a similar profile and adjust).
I operated a 28500 for about a year, and had some similar problems.
Please re-post with results. Good Luck!

- Doug

danno

When the heating/curing elements we replaced in our machine, I started making an 8" leaded that fired the heads and stabilized the elements in the machine. We haven't had any issues since that instance. It also provided us a sufficient trailer when we laminated.