• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Extra Print Head Cleaning

daenterpri

What do you folks think about keeping the Extra Printhead Cleaning option enabled for this printer? An HP tech explained that my printheads will last a lot longer if I do, possibly saving me a bit of money. What do you guys think, is it worth it? It also seems like I might go through ink quicker too, but I'm not sure.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I only used the extra PH cleaning when I would setup a 200' run to print overnight on my older 25500. I believe the PH temp. is much better for the 26500 so its not necessary. I don't believe it uses an excessive amount of ink, but it will burn through the cleaning cartridge very very fast.

I only used the extra PH cleaning when I would setup a 200' run to print overnight on my older 25500. I believe the PH temp. is much better for the 26500 so its not necessary. I don't believe it uses an excessive amount of ink, but it will burn through the cleaning cartridge very very fast.

Use extra PH cleaning with caution as it will burn through the cleaning cartridge much faster with it enabled versus not enabled.

danno

I am currently running the Extra Printhead Cleaning on our L26500. The printhead life has been extended from around 12-1300ml to about 18-2000 ml. We have had our L26500 for 1 1/2 years. When it's running correctly, it's great. But it can be like waking a grizzly bear from hibernation at times. I don't think HP is supplying the same printheads for purchase that they shipped with the machine. I put about 3500-4000ml on the original heads and have just been able to get back to half of that amount.