• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 head strikes in every material

Pat Whatley

A few months ago we started getting head strikes in our prints using 3M IJ35. Now it's progressed to the point where it doesn't matter what material we run, we are getting head strikes every 3-4' and they are always in the same place on the vinyl. Using the takeup reel doesn't seem to change it. I tried cleaning all the little vacuum holes on the platen but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Is there a way to test the vacuum or does anyone have a better idea?

jimboeejit

Is your media wrinkling in the machine?..
Is your heating fluctuating?
Or are the rollers getting worn
And needing replaced...
By rollers i mean the ones just as the media comes into print area...

Last edited:

VTSigns

Check and make sure you don't have any build up of adhesive on the platen anywhere. I've had materials that had adhesive on the edges of the roll that then transferred onto the platen over a period of time. What happens is that build up can prevent the material from advancing like it should therefore causing head strikes. It's happened to me and it wasn't something I was even paying attention to.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
hppromo.jpg