• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Ink Cartridge

Ditchmiester

I'm wondering how common it is to have an ink cartridge fail after less than 100 ML. My yellow cartridge failed today after 93 ML I called HP and they are going to ship me a new one but that means i'm down until Tuesday when it gets here. I didn't know I needed to keep a full extra set of ink around in case this happens. How often has this happened to you?

Ditchmiester

Oh gotcha. I'm Definitely going to be ordering at least one extra set for cases like this. Should I do the same thing with the print heads?

Ditchmiester

I always keep 2 of each color on hand and 1 of each print head. Just in case. It has come in handy a few times.

This is going to be my standard practice from now on. I am lucky enough to be within 1 day shipping from advantage sign supply and was able to order before the shipping deadline Friday so that I was back up and running today. I still have a free replacement that will be here Tuesday. I was very surprised they were airing the replacement cartridge out and not just sending it ground.

sowinski_t

Yeah I haven't had a cartridge go on me yet, but I had a head let go about 150mL in and I got that next day with no problems. Still, better safe than sorry, especially if something goes on a weekend or something is screwy with suppliers/shipping.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
HP Customer care has been stellar for me. Some people there actually understand that these machines are essential to customers shops, and they are pretty much dead in the water when they go down. They have always next day air'd heads or ink if I get a bad one from my supplier. Hell, they even replaced my 25500 with a new 26500 when it developed weird issues.

I guess I'll have to write my own thread to sing their praises :D

ProColorGraphics

I have good luck with their customer service too. I had a cartridge go bad with only about 50ml left and they replaced it with a new one.

Ditchmiester

It literally just "Dies" the LCD screen just started flashing replace faulty ink cartridge and it won't do anything until you replace it. I had to flip the power switch on the back because it was still running the heaters and fans on full blast and I didn't think it was safe to leave it running like that all weekend seeing as this happened at about 4pm on Friday afternoon.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
Sometimes we used to get a "dead" cartridge that the machine would'nt recognize when you put it in. Have not got one of those in a while though. maybe just a bad batch.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I would assume its a chip/connector issue. But I can not say for certain. I would guess a mechanically defective cart would not fit correctly or just shoot ink out everywhere when it pressurizes.

N.E.

I put a brand new one and it would not acknowledge that it was new. It showed about 10% full even though I could feel it was a full cartridge. I've had it happen on the 6100 too. You just have to keep at least 2 sets at all times.