• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Odor

daenterpri

Hey Guys!

I'm LOVING my new HP L26500. I love how I don't have to smell eco-solvent all day. However, one thing I do notice is that I'm now smelling media due to the high heat. Different medias have different smells but most get fairly strong. I run out of a 400 sq/ft garage. What are some things I can do to reduce the odors/fumes from the media? I have an AllerAir 5000 next to the machine, but it doesn't seem to keep up with it very well when it's printing. I open the garage door, but I think I need a fan to push it all out.

What do you all do? And how bad do you think these odors are for you?

(BTW, I mostly print small decals on Arlon 4560GTX and also a lot of 3M IJ180C)

bigben

I run my printer from a 180ft closed room with no special ventilation. I just get use to it.

Cmiller01

Printer
My printer is the room next door, I have a little plexi peek window to keep an eye on it while Im at my desk so that works famously. But honestly, after smelling solvent printers for years, this thing smells awesome. Its smells a but like hot plastic but its nothing awful. I would imagine its like anything else in this world and the smell is no good for you. But, it sure beats solvent. I have an air scrubber in the room with it, for the mimaki but it doesnt seem to get rid of the plastic smell ( which I dont think is that strong anyway)