• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 or Mutoh 1624

mcdanielcm

I have a 2 year old Mutoh 1304 right now and looking for a new printer. I print mainly on oracal vinyl and banner materials. Does anyone and any pro's or con's? or does anyone have one of each that has compared them?

Jack Knight1979

Roland is releasing a new 4 series printer in about a week. Hold off and see what they have cooking.

If it's more of the "same" I may be moving onto HP.

If there is real innovation, I'll stick with Roland.

Freese

Roland is releasing a new 4 series printer in about a week. Hold off and see what they have cooking.

If it's more of the "same" I may be moving onto HP.

If there is real innovation, I'll stick with Roland.

Pardon my ignorance on the Roland side, but how can a solvent or eco printer have real innovation? Outside of print speed and takeup/print feed....can it really be THAT much better?

IMO, the L26 is the way to go.

OlsonSigns601

Pardon my ignorance on the Roland side, but how can a solvent or eco printer have real innovation? Outside of print speed and takeup/print feed....can it really be THAT much better?

IMO, the L26 is the way to go.

Yes they can have innovation...
The Quality of their ink and how it flows out of the head without getting clogged up.

How the head lays the ink to give the best quality.

How it can conserve ink rather than spit it out in the waste station.

Heck, even the sensors on where the head is on the media to prevent slanting are all factors in a really great printer.

Factor in the innovation of customer service. Buying a printer with someone who can do maintenance on it is from India as remote into your workstation vs someone who is in the next town over.

Innovation isn't just the technology in the printer but how innovated the company is that makes it.

Signed Out

I thought I had been reading that everybody was getting sick of the new hp's, mainly becasue of having to replace print heads on a regular basis. Does anybody have any inside info on the new pro 4?

jasonx

Yes they can have innovation...
The Quality of their ink and how it flows out of the head without getting clogged up.

How the head lays the ink to give the best quality.

How it can conserve ink rather than spit it out in the waste station.

Heck, even the sensors on where the head is on the media to prevent slanting are all factors in a really great printer.

Factor in the innovation of customer service. Buying a printer with someone who can do maintenance on it is from India as remote into your workstation vs someone who is in the next town over.

Innovation isn't just the technology in the printer but how innovated the company is that makes it.

Reason why I changed three Rolands to three hp's. Roland 1 week to come out and fix an issue. HP is next day business support. The tech at HP on the phone actually knows the printer and helps identify whats wrong with it so when the tech comes out he has the correct parts.

Don't know about the states but HP support here is second to none.

Jack Knight1979

L28500 is the way to go. :)

I love that you can print fabric much better with a latex machine than a eco or sol machine. Eliminating farming out dyesub jobs. Most of the dyesub work I do is banner graphics, so it doesn't need to be dyesub anyway.

The only thing keeping me from HP at this point is going back into debt on a printer. Additionally the ink cost seems to be steadily rising along with head life going down on the HP latex machines. Or so I've been reading on this forum.

I'm working on a large contract right now. If I get it, I won't be able to run it on my older Roland machines. They need a babysitter present all the time. There is no, print and leave it go with my Rolands. It's print and check on it every 10 minutes for drop-out or feed problems.

If Roland steps it up with the 4 series or changes how they make printers, I'll give it a shot.

tomence

Just got the new Roland RE-640 and I love it. Decided against the HP because of price and customer service, and the printer itself. If you don't have a custom made room for the HP good luck printing, everything has to be perfect. Roland support is top notch, I think the best in the industry.

Jack Knight1979

I totally agree with Roland Corporate support. They have bent over backwards for me over the years. Local dealers are pretty bad in our area.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
If you don't have a custom made room for the HP good luck printing, everything has to be perfect.

??? what ???

mine is sitting in a very non-custom room and it prints flawless...

BALLPARK

Roland XC-540 is a work horse printer. Great speeds, print quality, drying fan, and take up reel.

I hope the new Roland series is a latex. But if it is not, I still hope they improve on the XC-540, even if it is only extending it to 64" with all the same options and the gold plated heads.

I am waiting on the new Roland and hoping that it helps reduce the price on the XC-540 machines. There are a few used ones on the market right now ranging from 14-18k.

HP's printer has some issues with the heat. But it sounds like once you tune it in and get your profiles set up....it is a great printer! It cost a lot less than an XC-540 and we may end up buying one of them.

We mainly print vehicle wraps and wall wraps. Both printers produce excellent prints. I'm not sure about the other brands compared to them.

bigben

??? what ???

mine is sitting in a very non-custom room and it prints flawless...

I run my L26500 from a 11ftX18ft room. In this same room I have my summa cutter D160, a 4X8 table, my desk and about 20 different roll of material.

It's tight, but no special ventilation is needed. I love my printer.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Same. I think he was exaggherating a problem with SOME peoples environment. IE...an open air shop in Phoenix would be an issue.

Not a problem, I printed with an L25500 for over a year in a non air conditioned garage in phoenix during a typical 118 degree summer and it worked flawlessly with the occasional overheat.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
as far as replacing heads, i've replaced 3 heads in 10 months, but HP paid for them and overnighted them to me.

plug and play baby!

ProWraps

damn u must not print much. i replace 3 heads almost every week. sadly pretty much all of them are c/lc.