• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Pros/Cons

dhsigns

Getting ready to sign the paperwork for a new HP L26500 anyone have one?
Pros and Cons of this machine? We are going from a JV3160S (12 yrs old and dying slowly) to this printer. What should I be aware of before purchase. I've seen some posts about the L25500 printhead issues, did they carry over to this machine? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

dhsigns

I did, but I was looking to get some real life sign guys/gals opinions, not some
HP paid writer whose never actually used a large format printer or ever even made a sign.

nate

I've got a lot of them. They're great. I've written a lot on here-- I suggest searching through the forums and you'll find a lot of great information.

dhsigns

I did do a search on this forum and didn't find very much on the L26500 ( ALOT on L25500) just thought I'd ask.

Freese

Coming from a JV3: the pros will be

1. No daily maintence (with the JV3 I'm sure you had to clean the thing every morning just so it didn't drop ink out)
2. Print heads aren't $2000, and they can be changed by a 10 year old.
3. Instant dried ink.

I'm sure there are others, but the printer is definitely a gamechanger. You'll love it compared to the Jv3 (12 yrs old? That's nuts)

particleman

You'll like it. A lot of the threads about the 25500 still are relevant to the 26500. We've had both machines, they share a lot of the same hardware and also some of the same sort of issues. The 26500 has some decent improvements over the 25 like glossy ink, better take up system, a little faster printing and heating up.