• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 Questions

TSG

Hi All,

I'm still trying to decide on a new printer for our shop, and have been looking at the 26500 a bit more now...My main concern is going to speed, but with quality, and also unattended printing.

We do some larger jobs here and there, and it would be GREAT to be able to run the printer over night so this is absolutely a must when it comes to buying a new machine...

Any of you out there with this machine having any issues trying to run jobs unattended? Or is this in fact a machine that can be trusted, carries enough ink etc? Is speed matched with print quality?

Any insight on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ProWraps

depends on what you are meaning by "speed". if "speed" to you is 80 sq/ft hour at sellable quality, then yeah they are screaming fast!

TSG

"Speed" would just be as compared to an industry standard for digital printing...I understand they aren't the fastest machine out there, but just curious to what you all would have to say about the speed matched with quality. How good do the prints look when it's printing in its fastest couple of modes? Are they prints you can put on a vehicle? Does band quite a bit in it's faster modes?

ProWraps

no 80 sq/ft an hour is legit trust me, i have 3 of them. its actually about 79 if you want to be super picky.

and no you dont have to schedule a week later. 80 sq/ft an hour is 800 sq/ft a day on a 10 hour shift. thats more than 3 passenger cars in one day.

get three of them and you are up to 240 sq/ft an hour or 2400 sq/ft a day.

if you want to speed them up, no problem. just cut down the passes. but you will leave the world of sellable quality, and enter the world of cheap speedy banner garbage.

Snydo

What types of work are you primarily going to be printing?
I ask because I feel the newer eco-solvent machines are superior in most categories that matter, especially speed with quality and more flexibility in what you can produce.

ProWraps

What types of work are you primarily going to be printing?
I ask because I feel the newer eco-solvent machines are superior in most categories that matter, especially speed with quality and more flexibility in what you can produce.

have had 8 printers in the last 4 years. 5 mutohs and 3 hp latexes.

the only thing the mutohs did better was print on canvas.

hp sucks at that from what i tryed. but i tryed for about 1 minute.

other than that the hps are superior in every way possible.

Ditchmiester

I've had my L26500 for about 2 months now and i'm very happy with the quality that it produces. Also its faster than I thought it would be. But then again speed is a relative term. Another thing that i'm very impressed with is ink adhesion on a lot of different products.

chafro

The Print quality with the right profile is very very good. The speed/quality mix is as top as it gets in the price range.

I run the printer over night with no issues. I would say 90% it finishes the roll without trouble. It depends more in the media. With vinyl if you don't finish the roll the head can hit the material at night when the machine makes some programmed procedures.