• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500_Latex Bumperstickers with out Laminate?

KFColor

Hi,

We have an HP Latex L26500 and are running a fairly big run of bumper stickers. Management specified running the job without using a laminate. Our issue is that the ink easily scratches if you run your finger nail on the surface of the stickers.

I'm looking to find any solutions VIA printer heat settings or otherwise that helps in making the ink more durable and scratch resistant?

Any HP Latex solutions and advise you have would be a great help!

Thanks,
Matt

KFColor

We're experimenting with Mactac's 529, 429 and Rebel adhesive Vinyls and their associated profiles.

Thanks for the reply!

Matt

royster13

Hi,

We have an HP Latex L26500 and are running a fairly big run of bumper stickers. Management specified running the job without using a laminate. Our issue is that the ink easily scratches if you run your finger nail on the surface of the stickers.

I'm looking to find any solutions VIA printer heat settings or otherwise that helps in making the ink more durable and scratch resistant?

Any HP Latex solutions and advise you have would be a great help!

Thanks,
Matt

How large of run?.....Folks like www.stouse.com, tradenetonline.com or www.stickerman.com can usually knock them out at a lower cost than doing them in-house.....

QuickSilver2605

We're experimenting with Mactac's 529, 429 and Rebel adhesive Vinyls and their associated profiles.

Thanks for the reply!

Matt

Haven't used either of those before, we use 3M IJ35, IJ40, or Avery MPI3300 for decals. Dry temp set between 126 (35), 119 (40), and 131 (MPI3300). Cure set at 218 (35), 211 (40), 220 (MPI3300) at 10-12 passes. Don't know if that will help you out at all.

KFColor

We typically laminate all of our adhesive vinyl, but we do find that it gets hard to compete with online sticker producers which is why we are interested in trying it without the laminate. Perhaps the better question is how durable should I be able to expect a latex print to be on adhesive vinyl? This can give me a benchmark to know if I am chasing something that isn't obtainable or if we are falling short of it.

MikePro

maybe invest in a liquid laminator? dimes on the dollar by comparison to sheet lamination.

I run an hp26500 and have yet to print a graphic that won't scratch without laminate ...which is also why I laminate.
If your print is smearing, then you have an issue that can be resolved via settings.

ProWraps

your having a tough time competing becuase you are using different equipment.

those guys are are screen printing.

way cheaper and way more durable.

we lam every decal we make. we buy the cheapest lam known to man to do it. but its still an additional cost.

its hard to compete with apples when your selling oranges.