• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP l28500 latex..Orange color

dsgn4

Has anyone had any luck in getting their latex machines to peint a good orange..ours seems to always look muddy or burnt in color no matter how we manipulate the file..we are using onyx Thrive 11 as a rip

Has anyone had any luck in getting their latex machines to peint a good orange..ours seems to always look muddy or burnt in color no matter how we manipulate the file..we are using onyx Thrive 11 as a rip

Are you attempting to reproduce a specific Pantone orange color? It's difficult to quantify what a 'good' orange means to you.

It is also important to understand that all digital printers have specific color gamuts that are being used, and gamuts differ based on many variables. These include the print media itself, the various ink restrictions that are defined in the media profile, the calibration (linearity) of the printer, and the ICC profile.

It is also helpful to know that there are some colors that are simply Out Of Gamut for any CMYK-based digital printer on the planet. Pantone Orange 021c is a good example of one such color. People regularly spin their wheels searching for the 'magic' formula to reproduce that color on their digital printer, and the reality is that it is never going to happen, there is no magic bullet.

The closest that I have personally seen a single-pass CMYK digital printer come to that Pantone color (Orange 021c) is about 4.7 dE (see image).

Attachments

• 2D_Gamut.JPG
    2D_Gamut.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 169

dsgn4

Yes pantone Orange 021 is an example we get alot of customers wanting and Orange 165c is another..i have an xrite and have spent some time trying to build profiles to where my oranges dont always have that dirty look to them..

The trick is to use the highest single-channel ink limits (within reason) as the media will permit without over inking or plateauing - I recommend using a chroma-based approach to defining ink restrictions on the Latex L2 machines. You will also want (need) to use a relatively high pass count (I would go at 12-pass on that printer when profiling SAV for max gamut), perhaps use an inter-pass delay if needed, and use an aggressive GCR setting in the ICC Profile.