• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L310 - Color woes with YELLOW!

303DC

Hi All!

I'm running into a constant issue with the yellows on my HP L310. It's been like this since day one, and I have no idea why nothing I've done won't get around it. It's real... spotty. Doesn't matter what media, what profile, or if I send CMYK or RGB data, I get the same results. Yet, when I print a color calibration, it has a nice clear vivid yellow. For what it's worth, this is on 3M IJ35C (gloss). I've also tried increasing optimizer to 24, and have tried 10/12/16P, no change. RIP is Flexi. Any ideas?

Nice clean color calibration yellow:
attachment.php

The yellow/spotty issue I'm experiencing:
attachment.php

Attachments

• k2QzAam.jpg
    k2QzAam.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 161
  • POCEvde.jpg
    POCEvde.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 142

TomK

I'm having the same issue with Red, and my yellow looks fine, tried what the HP support reps said, no help. Spent a couple hours on the phone with Flexi, no improvement.

If you figure out your yellow problem, please let me know so I can see if it helps with my red problem.

Good luck!

Chimuka

In the color setting box under rendering intent
I have set vector, text and gradient to no color correction for CMYK values.
This I believe this makes the printer print the percentage values you choose.
If you choose 100% that is what you should get.
I to have a 310 and I am very pleased with my color.
So far I am reluctant to install the latest firmware update because I like my colors,
but you say your printer has always done this so firmware probably is not the problem.

Robert Gruner

L310 Color Problems?

What RIP? SAI? If so, SAI is RIP only with no real color mgt. Might consider upgrade to SAI PRO or purchase Onyx or Caldera!

401Grahics: If you delay purchase, delay just long enough to save an additional $5K to purchase L360 instead! :)

Either way, you will love your latex ink printer. :)

TomK

L310 Color Problems?

What RIP? SAI? If so, SAI is RIP only with no real color mgt. Might consider upgrade to SAI PRO or purchase Onyx or Caldera!

401Grahics: If you delay purchase, delay just long enough to save an additional $5K to purchase L360 instead! :)

Either way, you will love your latex ink printer. :)

Flexi Cloud, which is the top end version for print/cut/rip.

Love the printer, just having an issue getting red dialed in, I'm sure it can do the color, I just haven't figured out the magic sauce for it yet.

303DC

Great. I was thinking of buying a 310. Now i think ill hold off.
I wouldn't - it's just getting the thing dialed in still. All my colors are great except for yellow, and I'm positive it's just a settings issue I need to work out.

In the color setting box under rendering intent
I have set vector, text and gradient to no color correction for CMYK values.
This I believe this makes the printer print the percentage values you choose.
If you choose 100% that is what you should get.
I to have a 310 and I am very pleased with my color.
So far I am reluctant to install the latest firmware update because I like my colors,
but you say your printer has always done this so firmware probably is not the problem.
Thanks! I will give these a try today.

L310 Color Problems?
Flexi Cloud.

Flexi Cloud, which is the top end version for print/cut/rip.

Love the printer, just having an issue getting red dialed in, I'm sure it can do the color, I just haven't figured out the magic sauce for it yet.
Flexi Cloud here as well. Interesting!