• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L330 Not Creating assigning/creating ICC profiles.

bannertime

With the HP L330, creating a new substrate is supposedly very simple. I've been wanting to redo my banner profile to have a wider range of passes and ink densities, as I currently only use one. So I clone the generic banner profile, run the ink density test, and then the color calibration. I open up my RIP and it reads the new profiles/substrate. When I go to verify the output profile, the ICC profile that the printer supposedly automatically assigns or creates, didn't transfer from the printer to the RIP.

That's ok, Production Manager allows me to "Download ICC" profile. A download successful message pops up, but it still doesn't exist in the output profile list. I go to manually add it from the RIP's ICC Profile download folder, and it's there, but the file is a total of 0kb. It's empty. I started everything over. Figured I missed something, but I don't believe I have. The RIP reads the new substrate profiles and this time tells me that there are no associated ICC profiles stored on the printer.

In summary: Create new substrate on printer>Choose number of passes>Run ink density test and set heat and ink limits>Run color calibration>Finished.
Open RIP>RIP automatically pulls in new data, but is missing ICC profile>Manually download and try to install ICC Profile, but it's empty.>Can't print on new profile.

This happens even if I duplicate a working substrate profile. The printer won't assign an ICC profile to it.

Anyone have an idea what's going on? :banghead: I've done this at least 10-15 times over the past year.

dypinc

I would start with a new media preset instead of duplicating it and then create a new profile. Also make sure you don't have too many preset as a some point the hard drive in the printer gets full and won't let you add new presets or profiles.

Beware that every time you update firmware the HP media presets are added back in. I have to delete them after every firmware update or I will not be able to add new presets.

bannertime

This seems very likely. I've got quite a few in there from random medias we've printed. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Edit: This must have been it. I also found there was a firmware update from 12/04 that needed installed. Installed it, removed some useless profiles, and created a new one. Worked like it should. :thankyou: Also, just noticed the error in the title, oops.