Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP L360 - Print Wheels or Pinch Rollers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by twmiller24, Aug 21, 2019.

1. twmiller24

twmiller24 Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Canton MI USA
    We've had an HP Latex 360 for several years. For the most part, we're happy with it.

But, the pinch rollers or print wheels tend to break easily. They're attached by thin plastic rods.

The only way I can find to replace them is to purchase a "user maintenance kit" (here: https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/HPLATEX300500USERMAINTENANCEKIT) for $250 or more. The problem is, we have these kits piling up, and they come with 3 -- count them -- 3 long print wheels.

Does anybody know of a good source for these by themselves, without the user maintenance kit? I just feel like HP and Grimco are making a lot of money by requiring us to buy a bundle instead of just selling the part.

Thanks!

2. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I've only replaced 1 after 5 years lol. If you have a good relationship with your tech, you might be able to get him to send you some. Mine sent me about a dozen after I asked him about them, without saying I need them, no charge.

3. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
  4. twmiller24

twmiller24 Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Canton MI USA
    Thanks!
    I think in about 5-6 years, we've replaced 9 of these (requiring 3 kits).
    Maybe we're doing something wrong that they keep breaking...

5. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    That sounds normal. We have an issue where they wear down and allow the media to slip. Causing print issues and size issues.