Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP L560 Rubbing Sound

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by amulle, Mar 5, 2020.

1. amulle

amulle New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Morton Grove, IL
    Our HP L560 started making this horrible vibrating/rubbing noise when loading and moving media. It feels as if there's too much pressure or friction. It sounds like it's coming from the feeder roller underneath the pinchrollers. It hasn't affected the print quality but it's quite annoying. Thoughts? HP wants to charge me and arm and a leg to come out here to even diagnose it.

Here's a video showing the noise.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MfiRGVOSqnvawwwpDzL0iwRUqBANYQI7/view?usp=sharing

2. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    That's not great. Does it do this with all types of material? Are any of the little black rollers broken? When you boot the machine and there is no media in the printer, does it still do it?

At first I thought it was your roller motor, but I feel like you have a strip of adhesive vinyl in the roller area and it's sticking/rubbing on the loaded material feeding to the print platen. Any resistance when loading material?