• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L60 worth it?

cmykpro

As the title states we're thinking about picking up an L60. Our national group has arranged special pricing with HP and the cost of the printer is stupid low. I have been wanting to step into the Latex arena for a while now and L60's seem to be highly regarded. I know the price drop is due to new models coming out in a few months but the price is so good i'm thinking about jumping on the L60. Can anyone share any insight on this particular model?

I have to assume that you are referring to the HP Latex 260 (formerly known as L26500). There is no latex machine from HP called L60 nor is there a 220.

There are lots of posts on this site that describe users opinions on the machine. Check out the HP Forum and read.

Last edited:

cmykpro

I have to assume that you are referring to the HP Latex 260 (formerly known as L26500).

There are lots of posts on this site that describe users opinions on the machine. Check out the HP Forum and read.

I am well aware of this as I stated above they seem to be highly regarded. I came to that conclusion because I read so much here.....

What I want to know is if someone has some recent input that may be helpful. Otherwise as I said it seems to be a solid machine worth investing into.

kanini

Recently got a demo unit for a very good price, it's a great machine! Been a Roland guy for long but this almost won me over, now I turn to the L260 for most longer run jobs. The latex is relatively fast for the money and gives great solid colors, especially on transparent materials. You could easily run 6- or 8-pass on most materials with great quality. One downside is if you switch materials often and do short runs this is not the machine for you. The warm up time and material loading takes more time than on the Rolands for example. The L260 is best when you can run longer runs at a time. Other than that I can really recommend it!

StarSign

If you don't need a take up reel look at the 210 we just picked one up to add to the shop (we have a 25500) very nice machine!!

cmykpro

If you don't need a take up reel look at the 210 we just picked one up to add to the shop (we have a 25500) very nice machine!!
I was not aware there was a 210, interesting. Is it exactly the same as a 220 minus the take up roll?

ProColorGraphics

Yes, the L210 is exactly the same as the L260, minus the take up real. I actually have one of each. I started with the L260, then when I added one. They had a killer deal on the L210, so I picked up one of those. I did add the take up real to it. I would NOT go without a take up real now that I have one. These are great machines and would recommend them. The only reason I would sell one would be to make room for the L280 or a flatbed. I would not give up both of them.

I also went from a Roland to my first latex, the L25500. The quality difference was HUGE! I would also highly recommend Caldera if you need to purchase a RIP.

cmykpro

Well I bit the bullet, ordered the printer and my 6th active printer for Onyx. I'm well versed in full solvent,eco-solvent, aqueous, and UV so I'm looking forward to adding Latex to that list.

Anyone care to share a ballpark of what they are paying for cartridges?

craftladies

The printer is very userfriendly. There is not that much maintenance to do on a day to day basis. The takeout reel is an awesome feature. We pay about $100 for the ink. The print heads do cost around $150, but you don't have to change them all the time. The times I have had to change them they were under warranty. HP does a good job if you call them on the phone with any problems.

Just recently had the bidirectional position out, and we just had to press a couple buttons and it was good to go. It is easy for someone who is new to wide format.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Like everyone says, great machine, just lots of time wasted on warmup/startup and material changes. Easy to maintain, easy to run. Prints are always fantastic.
BUT....I'm hearing great things about the L360! You may want to consider it instead, unless you are stuck on the cheap price of L260 now.

ProColorGraphics

I have gone from a L25550, to (2) L260's and now just upgraded one of these to a L360. I would highly recommend the new L360. A lot of very nice improvements!!

RG

I got an e-mail from Grimco last week saying that they are selling a L310 for $12,000 with a take-up reel. Looks tempting.