• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 110... Awesome!

visualeyez

Yep this thing rules. Got it through a small (33") door on a furniture dolly. Set it up in a few hours. Downloaded flexi and had to wait for ink over the weekend.

Loaded 54" poster, and did a calibration on the optimizer ink. Looked all burnt up, but that's what it was looking for I guess.

First test print: A 30mp photograph @ 53.5" wide. Came out so nice, and fast at 600x600. I couldn't scratch the ink off without tearing the substrate.

First job. 2,000 Stickers. 4" x 4" die cut circles. Printed them on Oracal 3651 using the default "Generic Self-Adhesive Vinyl" profile. Cut them with my roland 30" in sheets of 100 or so. Came out so nice!

Second job. 16 posters for an organic soap company (27" x 30" printed 2 wide @98% scale). Pantone colors matched and everything! Ran some gift certificates also but they took a while to separate (was worth it for the 500 shirts in the order).

Third job (2nd day printing) 2 Banners. 3x7 and 2x6, full color. Generic media and profile untested. Came out flawless! Also ganged up a bunch of bumper stickers and nested a sheet of "minimum orders" on the 3651.

Wiring up the (2) 220v outlets is not that hard either.

I can't wait to laminate some of these other random prints (like a Pantone chart) and take some orders for canvas and wallpaper!

I have calculated that I am using 1ml ink per sq.ft. full coverage, and half that for normal printing. Hoping for some bulk latex soon.

Scratching the ink is not possible, I can stretch stickers till they rip and the color remains opaque, right to the edge~

No Fumes or none of that solvent nonsense, and no waiting 24 hours for outgassing.

I upgraded from a HP 5500PS UV (aqueous) 42", haha. Have worked with Mutoh, Roland and HP but HP is always the best. Just don't use their media, and wait for bulk inks!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• radass1.jpg
    radass1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,273
  • radass2.jpg
    radass2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,143
  • radass3.jpg
    radass3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,147
  • radass4.jpg
    radass4.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,231

visualeyez

Before the questions arise, this machine does not come with ink. Nor does it come with a print/cut solution. You actually have to cut the media roll inside the hot machine with a box cutter in a small track to separate a sheet. I am using roland cutstsudio plugin within Illustrator for my print/cut.
I made a template that is 720mm x 1290mm and this fits sideways in my roland 30".
This machine does not come with a pantone chart. You can make your own like I did, or just (google: pantone chart; filetype: eps) something.
No money/gift certificate/anything come with the software either (these are one sided and not to scale if anybody is worried). These might be considered advanced techniques.

Ditchmiester

We just got a new L310 and absolutely love it too. This machine is absolutely amazing. The ink optimizer is the greatest advancement for the Latex ink to date in my opinion. We have increased our through put by 50%. This one also doesn't have a media cut off tool and it is kind of a pain but we will get used to it.

Dennis422

Installed new L330 2 weeks ago after I had L25500 for 2.5 years.
WOW, what a difference. Love it.
My decision why go with L330, it comes with take up reel, ink and it is 64" wide. Also, RIP is not limited only to generic profiles.
With the deal HP last month, I decided to get the 330.

And yes, optimizer is a great thing, I can print feaster and better with less passes than on L25500.

Good luck

visualeyez

Got this thing at a good price. Literally paid for 1/2 of it the first week. Granted I had some rush orders and orders backed up... :) In Oregon the weed dispensaries cannot legally put money into a Federal bank or something. They pay cash, and like to spend it! :) Could not have done it without the new machine!

attachment.php

Attachments

• latex payment.jpg
    latex payment.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,132
Before the questions arise, this machine does not come with ink. Nor does it come with a print/cut solution. You actually have to cut the media roll inside the hot machine with a box cutter in a small track to separate a sheet. I am using roland cutstsudio plugin within Illustrator for my print/cut.
I made a template that is 720mm x 1290mm and this fits sideways in my roland 30".
This machine does not come with a pantone chart. You can make your own like I did, or just (google: pantone chart; filetype: eps) something.
No money/gift certificate/anything come with the software either (these are one sided and not to scale if anybody is worried). These might be considered advanced techniques.

It's great to hear that you are so pleased with your HP Latex 110 printer. Just a couple of points that I would like to clarify:

1. All models of HP Latex 300 Series (plus the 100 Series) print at 1200x600 dpi at pass counts up to 16, and 1200x1200dpi at pass counts greater than 16.

2. Rather than cutting the print off the roll inside the print zone, I might suggest advancing the media (from the Front Panel) after the print is complete, and cutting it outside of the printer. You can always move the media afterwards to your desired position for the next plot.

3. You are able to use all Media Presets for the 300 Series on the Latex 110. You can obtain them directly from the printer's front panel (Media Library), or through the Embedded Web Server interface (browser-based).

Enjoy!

P. Wagner

Got this thing at a good price. Literally paid for 1/2 of it the first week. Granted I had some rush orders and orders backed up... :) In Oregon the weed dispensaries cannot legally put money into a Federal bank or something. They pay cash, and like to spend it! :) Could not have done it without the new machine!

attachment.php

The rothschilds have their own drug money and don't need this. It's their form of resistance.

Tiffany30542

It's great to hear that you are so pleased with your HP Latex 110 printer. Just a couple of points that I would like to clarify:

1. All models of HP Latex 300 Series (plus the 100 Series) print at 1200x600 dpi at pass counts up to 16, and 1200x1200dpi at pass counts greater than 16.

2. Rather than cutting the print off the roll inside the print zone, I might suggest advancing the media (from the Front Panel) after the print is complete, and cutting it outside of the printer. You can always move the media afterwards to your desired position for the next plot.

3. You are able to use all Media Presets for the 300 Series on the Latex 110. You can obtain them directly from the printer's front panel (Media Library), or through the Embedded Web Server interface (browser-based).

Enjoy!

P. Wagner

Not to piggy back on his thread, but you seem to know a good bit about the 110. I am VERY new and I'm having issues with printing on Orajet 3651G. It is printing extremely grainy. I downloaded the profile from Orafol and also have used the Generic profile on FLEXIPrint and the printer but it doesn't seem to make a difference as far as the graininess. Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Tiffany30542

I have printed images at 300 and even 600 DPI and it makes no difference. I think HP is going to send a tech out to take a look at it. Something is “off”.

Tiffany30542

Yep, no that’s what I was referring to. The print file was 300 dpi. Thanks for your help but accordingly to the Level 3 Master Tech from HP, Latex prints are supposed to be viewed at “arms length” so up close they are grainy. Which is why the latex printer will not work for my needs.

TomK

Yep, no that’s what I was referring to. The print file was 300 dpi. Thanks for your help but accordingly to the Level 3 Master Tech from HP, Latex prints are supposed to be viewed at “arms length” so up close they are grainy. Which is why the latex printer will not work for my needs.
Tiffany30542 well known fact with the latex. If you are using them for high end up-close viewing, you'll have grainy prints, especially with the lighter colors. I had HP and a few latex vendor "experts" print our samples, and they all came out the same. This printer just isn't meant for this type of printing.

You'll want to look at the new Epson S models, which are much better in terms of up-close viewing, but still grainy, or you'll want to look at aqueous printers that are wide format capable like the Canon Pro 2000/4000 or Epson P7000/8000/9000.

We moved our high end stickers that required close up viewing to Canon Aqueous and kept the latex for our sign work, which works fantastic. I'm not unhappy with the HP latex, you just have to use the proper tool for the job - and for us it was two printers.

Tiffany30542 well known fact with the latex. If you are using them for high end up-close viewing, you'll have grainy prints, especially with the lighter colors. I had HP and a few latex vendor "experts" print our samples, and they all came out the same. This printer just isn't meant for this type of printing.

You'll want to look at the new Epson S models, which are much better in terms of up-close viewing, but still grainy, or you'll want to look at aqueous printers that are wide format capable like the Canon Pro 2000/4000 or Epson P7000/8000/9000.

We moved our high end stickers that required close up viewing to Canon Aqueous and kept the latex for our sign work, which works fantastic. I'm not unhappy with the HP latex, you just have to use the proper tool for the job - and for us it was two printers.

I just love how people start to downthumb me when I say solvent is so much higher quality than HP latex. On the attached image you can compare the printed blue t-shirt graininess with the background's blue surface that is printed with an ----OFFSET---- printer and it's actually more grainy than the digitally printed one :D (download the image to zoom in)

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 271

visualeyez

Weird, I print lots of 600ppi canvas at 600dpi and have never had a grainy print. Charging $12 sq/ft. for printed 21mil canvas all day long with multiple photographers.
Printed 384 sq.ft. of IJ-35C today for a furniture store at 600dpi from 50ppi images and they had zero graininess...

Latex is not the problem.

Literally scroll up to the top an see my original images of $5 bill gift certificates. The detail is insane, an printed in latex...

Last edited:
Weird, I print lots of 600ppi canvas at 600dpi and have never had a grainy print. Charging $12 sq/ft. for printed 21mil canvas all day long with multiple photographers.
Printed 384 sq.ft. of IJ-35C today for a furniture store at 600dpi from 50ppi images and they had zero graininess...

Latex is not the problem.

Literally scroll up to the top an see my original images of $5 bill gift certificates. The detail is insane, an printed in latex...
Are you kidding right? You can print canvas with a 11.5 feet long $5000 chines banner printer and it'll still look pretty good. Try printing GLOSSY vinyl to see what a grainy print looks like.

There is nothing wrong with latex and instant dry can give you considerable advantages over eco solvent, but for fox sake please don't tell anybody that Hp has ZERO graininess. It has acceptable graininess for you.

Cheers.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The HP Z series is a kick butt unit for upclose graphics that are interior applications, you can get a couple years outdoor life on some things also.