• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 110 for startup?

Rebel Graphics

cutting to the chase....
HP 110 brand new, 1y warranty $7k, to me is a pretty good deal
can anybody give me the cons of this printer?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Expensive ink, no take up reel, no supplier support.

Seriously, it's a ok printer for occasional printing or nothing longer than few feet. Look at the 310 for a more production printer in the latex realm.

Dennis422

I got 330 about 1.5 months ago.
With HP rebates at that point, I got it just under $12K. I think that is the best option.
You get better rip, take up real, 10" extra to print and cheaper ink.

I believe that 110 comes with rip that can print only from generic profiles. You have to instal it yourself.
It is a great deal for 7K, but if you can afford to spend a bit more, I would get at least 330.

Dennis422

Expensive ink, no take up reel, no supplier support.

Seriously, it's a ok printer for occasional printing or nothing longer than few feet. Look at the 310 for a more production printer in the latex realm.

Take up reel is available for both 110 and 310. A $1000 option on both

Christian @ 2CT Media

Take up reel is available for both 110 and 310. A $1000 option on both

Yes but my point was not just the take up... the difference between the 310 and 110 is faster throughput, cheaper ink, and more service. Right now I know of 2 dealers with 310s for $8900 + $1000 for take up which is not bad of a start point. I know another that is clearancing demo 360s for $13500

visualeyez

The latex 110 is great. Prints a few feet my arse. It will handle a 55lb. roll, so it can handle a 150' long roll of 54" banner or adhesive vinyl or anything. Ink usage at max is 1ml per sq/ft. full coverage. 400ml is $100, so $.25 per sq.ft. for rich black, and less for most prints.

Honestly the ink is so durable right out the front of the machine, I feel a take-up reel is unnecessary for a small business. I can let 20 feet or so just curl over before I cut the roll and proceed with post production. No damage done even with poster or sensitive substrate.

I got mine about a month ago and have used about 2,000ml of ink so far with no problems. Link to when I first got it (damn near paid it off already).
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?134111-HP-Latex-110-Awesome!

I think the bigger shops are aware and silent on it's capabilities. This is "disruptive technology" at this price!

Christian @ 2CT Media

The latex 110 is great. Prints a few feet my arse. It will handle a 55lb. roll, so it can handle a 150' long roll of 54" banner or adhesive vinyl or anything. Ink usage at max is 1ml per sq/ft. full coverage. 400ml is $100, so $.25 per sq.ft. for rich black, and less for most prints.

Honestly the ink is so durable right out the front of the machine, I feel a take-up reel is unnecessary for a small business. I can let 20 feet or so just curl over before I cut the roll and proceed with post production. No damage done even with poster or sensitive substrate.

I got mine about a month ago and have used about 2,000ml of ink so far with no problems. Link to when I first got it (damn near paid it off already).
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?134111-HP-Latex-110-Awesome!

I think the bigger shops are aware and silent on it's capabilities. This is "disruptive technology" at this price!

So disruptive! Seriously, take that 20' that's on the floor and laminate it... then come back and let us know how great it is without a TUR.

Also your .25/sq costs me .16/sq on the 360, so 1 full roll of coverage costs you $60 more than it costs me. Seriously this is simple economics... if you print more than a few feet at a time that needs to be laminated or more than 3 days a week the 110 is a bad purchase.

Robert Gruner

2CT...HP Latex 110 for $7K is a steal. If Visualeyez has printed 2,000ml ink the past month then I believe he has probably recovered his $7K investment. Pretty fair I would say...to pay for your printer in one month. :)

Christian @ 2CT Media

Sure its a steal if you are not growth or business minded.

We bought our 360 for $15650 on March 1st and Paid it off in March with one Clients Job (15 end to end rolls of printing).

2000ml at $0.25/ml vs 2000ml at $0.17/ml is $160 difference, on top of the speed (Avg 250sqf/hr vs 140sqf/h) to produce those 2000ml worth of prints. The difference adds up very fast... We Have 45,000mls since march 1, that's $3600 in hard cost savings in 6 months.

HP marketed these machines to the cricut crowd and not the professionals like us, the fact that you are happy to burn money is beyond me!

JoeBoomer

Sure its a steal if you are not growth or business minded.

We bought our 360 for $15650 on March 1st and Paid it off in March with one Clients Job (15 end to end rolls of printing).

2000ml at $0.25/ml vs 2000ml at $0.17/ml is $160 difference, on top of the speed (Avg 250sqf/hr vs 140sqf/h) to produce those 2000ml worth of prints. The difference adds up very fast... We Have 45,000mls since march 1, that's $3600 in hard cost savings in 6 months.

HP marketed these machines to the cricut crowd and not the professionals like us, the fact that you are happy to burn money is beyond me!

I think what this fine person meant to say was: "Excuse me kind sir, I believe your money would be better invested in a HP 360 as it will cost less in operating expenses and allow you to grow your business without having to buy more equipment".

What came out of his mouth (keyboards) was: "Hey you piece of chit, listen to me berate you in an effort to brighten up my sad existence because my wife doesn't listen to me. Sorry that I have the tact of a guy with Asperger's Syndrome who kills cows at a slaughterhouse".

I'm not sure when Signs101 became the proving ground for people to belittle others, but regardless, I do agree you are better off with a HP 360. I would of maybe expressed my feelings in a little less douchy way.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I think what this fine person meant to say was: "Excuse me kind sir, I believe your money would be better invested in a HP 360 as it will cost less in operating expenses and allow you to grow your business without having to buy more equipment".

What came out of his mouth (keyboards) was: "Hey you piece of chit, listen to me berate you in an effort to brighten up my sad existence because my wife doesn't listen to me. Sorry that I have the tact of a guy with Asperger's Syndrome who kills cows at a slaughterhouse".

I'm not sure when Signs101 became the proving ground for people to belittle others, but regardless, I do agree you are better off with a HP 360. I would of maybe expressed my feelings in a little less douchy way.

I'm not belittling any one... everyone here says prove your point, so I did! I used simple math to show why any "professional" would not want to make that investment.
The problem with most of america today is everyone needs a safe room and doesn't know how to take words with a grain of salt.... Buck up and move on, sorry if my words and truthful information hurt you because I didn't deliver it in a nice manner!

JoeBoomer

I'm not belittling any one... everyone here says prove your point, so I did! I used simple math to show why any "professional" would not want to make that investment.
The problem with most of america today is everyone needs a safe room and doesn't know how to take words with a grain of salt.... Buck up and move on, sorry if my words and truthful information hurt you because I didn't deliver it in a nice manner!

Fair enough my friend. Fair enough. :)

Robert Gruner

NO...really its not OK...the prospect has an $8K budget and the Latex 110 fits right in! :)
If things go well, the enduser could trade up to a Latex 360;or, better yet, a Latex 560 in 6 months or less.

visualeyez

Average cost of printed adhesive backed media, say $.50 per sq.ft. ink and material.
Average selling price of printed media, say $5.00 per sq.ft.
Production Profit margin, $4.50 per sq.ft. with similar post production costs (Overhead cost dismissed..).
2,000 sq.ft. x $4.50 would turn $9,000 profit per month.

Granted you save $.08 per ml of ink (@ 1 per sq.ft.) would be $160 in Ink you saved per month equally, by paying twice the monthly payment of the 110 for the 360.

Maybe buy 2 of the 110's and then sharpen your pencil.

visualeyez

Here is a 4x20ft. print I just laminated, mounted and installed. Two-color Pantone match on Clear Oracal Vinyl, (swept off the dust and sent through the laminator) then applied to white Polycarb.

Sorry it's a little longer than 3 feet but somehow it worked out fine :)

You would have saved about $5 of ink on this ( $2K) job using the 360 over the 110. I can take $5 off my bid and still win, haha. Hope that micro-managing pans out for you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• chetcosign20.jpg
    chetcosign20.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 703

Christian @ 2CT Media

Here is a 4x20ft. print I just laminated, mounted and installed. Two-color Pantone match on Clear Oracal Vinyl, (swept off the dust and sent through the laminator) then applied to white Polycarb.

Sorry it's a little longer than 3 feet but somehow it worked out fine :)

You would have saved about $5 of ink on this ( $2K) job using the 360 over the 110. I can take $5 off my bid and still win, haha. Hope that micro-managing pans out for you.

attachment.php

Whatever works for you. I'm glad your happy with it, good luck!

Robert Gruner

Bingo 2CT...Lord knows it's different strokes for different folks. :)

Visualeyez has and will profit nicely with Latex 110..

Folks like you and I know the Latex 360/365 would increase Visual's margin...but his downstroke is twice the investment and will take longer to recover