• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex 110 (weird patterns in print)

DERI

Hello to everyone reading this post. I have attached a picture of a print quality issue im experiencing. I use a latex110 printer. do you see the very fine patterns on the media? seems to appear on the media when its printing the actual image, showing up only in the white areas but not on the actual print.

has anyone experienced this before???
the tiny reddish and blueish pattern is very small so you may need to zoom in.

thanks for your help.

Attachments

• WP_20180428_14_27_27_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180428_14_27_27_Rich.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 379

APC

Assuming this is adhesive vinyl, it looks like plasticizers. To determine if this is the issue, feed a few feet of the media out, wipe a small area down with isopropyl alcohol where the image will be printed - not the whole area, just part - rewind, and reprint. What you should find is part of the printed area will still show issue while printed area is clean and free of plasticizers. If this is a new roll, I would save this print test, make note of the roll id # (located in core or on carton label), and request credit from your supplier. If job has a tight turnaround then feed out 5 or 10 feet and try printing. Depending on the age of the material, this issue typically occurs within the first several feet of a roll.
Briefly - Vinyl is a rigid by nature so additives called plasticizers are added to make it flexible. Over time these additives migrate to the surface creating print issues, particularly with Latex inks.

DERI

Assuming this is adhesive vinyl, it looks like plasticizers. To determine if this is the issue, feed a few feet of the media out, wipe a small area down with isopropyl alcohol where the image will be printed - not the whole area, just part - rewind, and reprint. What you should find is part of the printed area will still show issue while printed area is clean and free of plasticizers. If this is a new roll, I would save this print test, make note of the roll id # (located in core or on carton label), and request credit from your supplier. If job has a tight turnaround then feed out 5 or 10 feet and try printing. Depending on the age of the material, this issue typically occurs within the first several feet of a roll.
Briefly - Vinyl is a rigid by nature so additives called plasticizers are added to make it flexible. Over time these additives migrate to the surface creating print issues, particularly with Latex inks.
Thanks for the reply. It is indeed Vinyl and never considered it to be a plasticizer issue. I'll go ahead and try the isopropyl alcohol and see how it goes..thanks again!

DERI

Attached is a better photo. I was able to bring the print issue out more in photoshop

Attachments

• PRINT ISSUE.jpg
    PRINT ISSUE.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 235

DERI

ok the issue was addressed and now printing totally fine so if anyone else experiences this issue here is how to resolve. There are two things that can cause this. There are settings in your RIP called Rendering Intents which can cause this. Be sure to not be using Absolute Colorimetric rendering for either raster or vector data sets. Use Relative Colorimetric (RC) rendering for vector, and Perceptual for raster, or RC for both.

The other option is a setting on the printer itself. It is referred to as Spit on Page, and is found from the front panel: Settings > Image Quality Maintenance > Color Variation > toggle this to Off.

eddiwong

Nice to read the issue and possible solution! I have similar problem when print on vinyl (gloss) banner with my HP 110 (which is years old and print nicely using Roland Printer ) per attached photo. Isn't it what the user manual says Bad Coalescence, and can fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_4640.JPG
    IMG_4640.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 179