Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Latex 110 won't print a continuous image past 200 inches.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Cut Cut, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Cut Cut

Cut Cut New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Richmond
    I have an HP Latex 110 and every time i've tried to print a banner more the 200 inches it won't let me. Is there something I can do about this? Is it something to do with the Flexi Basic edition software I use? Or is it just the limitation of this printer?

2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    What do you mean it won't let you? Does it give you an error?

3. chester215

chester215 Just call me Chester.

Sep 29, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    May be limited by production manager.
    Check the media length setting in production manager.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cut Cut

Cut Cut New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Richmond
    Thanks for the advice. I checked that and it doesn't seem to be the problem. When we print something longer the 200" it looks like it will print fine then, right around 200" the printer stops printing.

5. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Are you still using the computer at that time? I know there was an issue where the computer would go into a power save mode and that'd stop the print.

Like 2ct asked; can you give a bit more detail into what the machine is doing when it stops the print. Does it say something like "cancelling print" or heat error, or whatever is on the screen? Does it finish drying? Does it shut off?

6. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    shot in the dark but network drop out? or is your rip comp going to sleep or something? dumb questions but ive had it happen. we left an entire roll to run, didnt think about disabling auto sleep on rip comp and we came into a quarter roll printed.

7. branox

branox New Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Slovakia
    I just printed on my 315 banner 5060mm long from one jpg without any problem, on Flexi.

8. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    What is the length of your media set to in production manager. Graphtec will do the same thing if you have told it that the media is shorter then it actually is.

9. richsweeney

richsweeney Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Renton WA
    You do know that 200 inches is the max size for adobe products. For longer files you have to use the rip to scale it past the 200 inch size.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cut Cut

Cut Cut New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Richmond
    Good thought, but we are keeping a close eye on it, so it isn't that the computer went to sleep or network issues. The print will get to 200" and then say "canceling print..".

11. Cut Cut

Cut Cut New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Richmond
    That's a good point, and I know that to be true in the past, but currently I can set an artboard in Illustrator to 205" (for example), with the entire image on the artboard. And I can see the entire image in Flexi - also saying that it's 205", but when I print it gets to 200" and then says "canceling print" on the printer (not the software).

I think you are suggesting that I work in half scale, and then scale it in Flexi - I haven't tried that yet..

12. richsweeney

richsweeney Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Renton WA
    Yes, that is what I am saying, use the rip to scale past the 200i limit. We use onyx and that is the only way it can be done.

13. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    Flexi doesn't have a physical limit like that. Really sounds like the either your running out of memory for the RIP or you have the length of your page in flexi/cutting master set to 200"