• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 110 won't print a continuous image past 200 inches.

CC-CMYK

I have an HP Latex 110 and every time i've tried to print a banner more the 200 inches it won't let me. Is there something I can do about this? Is it something to do with the Flexi Basic edition software I use? Or is it just the limitation of this printer?

chester215

Just call me Chester.
May be limited by production manager.
Check the media length setting in production manager.

Attachments

• Untitled.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 388

CC-CMYK

Thanks for the advice. I checked that and it doesn't seem to be the problem. When we print something longer the 200" it looks like it will print fine then, right around 200" the printer stops printing.

bannertime

Are you still using the computer at that time? I know there was an issue where the computer would go into a power save mode and that'd stop the print.

Like 2ct asked; can you give a bit more detail into what the machine is doing when it stops the print. Does it say something like "cancelling print" or heat error, or whatever is on the screen? Does it finish drying? Does it shut off?

flyplainsdrifta

shot in the dark but network drop out? or is your rip comp going to sleep or something? dumb questions but ive had it happen. we left an entire roll to run, didnt think about disabling auto sleep on rip comp and we came into a quarter roll printed.

What is the length of your media set to in production manager. Graphtec will do the same thing if you have told it that the media is shorter then it actually is.

richsweeney

You do know that 200 inches is the max size for adobe products. For longer files you have to use the rip to scale it past the 200 inch size.

CC-CMYK

Are you still using the computer at that time? I know there was an issue where the computer would go into a power save mode and that'd stop the print.

Like 2ct asked; can you give a bit more detail into what the machine is doing when it stops the print. Does it say something like "cancelling print" or heat error, or whatever is on the screen? Does it finish drying? Does it shut off?

Good thought, but we are keeping a close eye on it, so it isn't that the computer went to sleep or network issues. The print will get to 200" and then say "canceling print..".

CC-CMYK

You do know that 200 inches is the max size for adobe products. For longer files you have to use the rip to scale it past the 200 inch size.

That's a good point, and I know that to be true in the past, but currently I can set an artboard in Illustrator to 205" (for example), with the entire image on the artboard. And I can see the entire image in Flexi - also saying that it's 205", but when I print it gets to 200" and then says "canceling print" on the printer (not the software).

I think you are suggesting that I work in half scale, and then scale it in Flexi - I haven't tried that yet..

richsweeney

Yes, that is what I am saying, use the rip to scale past the 200i limit. We use onyx and that is the only way it can be done.

Flexi doesn't have a physical limit like that. Really sounds like the either your running out of memory for the RIP or you have the length of your page in flexi/cutting master set to 200"