• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 260 Feedback/Suggestions

Pretz27

I am looking to potentially purchase a L26500 tomorrow as a second machine. I do the majority of my business in wall and vehicle wraps. This would potentially become my main go to printer for these jobs. Does anyone have and good or bad experiences with this machine? Color shift problems from panel to panel etc? Thanks!

Correct Color

Much better choice than the 360 if you ask me.

I've profiled dozens of them over the years and none of them have had the color inconsistency issues I've seen on the 360. They will drift if you over-extend their printheads, but replacing them has for all my clients brought them all the way back.

Plus, they can actually be profiled to get the maximum capability out of them, unlike the 360, which is hamstrung by its contone settings.

Only downside is they can be a pain to load, and waiting for the oven to preheat on every job. If you're going to be swapping out a lot of media and running small jobs on the thing, both can get to be pretty annoying.

MainostePrint

we run 260 daily. colors are solid, printheads lasts pretty long time, easy to use, cured ink ready for laminate etc. not much to complain really.. only problem for us is this: print and cut with wide SAV materials is sometimes a bit of a challenge because heat shrinks the middle area especially with monomeric vinyls. it can be fixed though. what rip you are going to use?

Pretz27

Thanks for the info. I am planning on using Flexi subscription plan actually as I have only used Versaworks RIP prior to this and would like the option to try Flexi for a month or two before committing to purchasing a RIP like ONYX. I would only be running cast material through the HP so would you think that media shrinkage due to the high heat used to cure the print would be less of an issue with the cast vinyl? I will most likely do my print cut jobs on my Roland and not the HP.

Correct Color

You can download a trial copy of Onyx for free.

I'd say last thing you want to do is get started using one RIP and then switch to another.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You can download a trial copy of Onyx for free.

I'd say last thing you want to do is get started using one RIP and then switch to another.

This...you don't want to have to build profiles TWICE as they don't use the same ones.