• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 260 - Maintenance #3 message - stops everything happening

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I wonder if I can ask for some help...
HP latex 260.
I keep getting this "Maintenance #3 contact support" message and it won't print what the RIP sends. It is waiting to be fixed.
I can to a head test print ok. Looks good.
The funnel is now clean. The waste bucket is new . The air filter and tubes are clean.
I can't seem to reset whatever it thinks needs doing in "maintenance #3."
It's holding up the works... and I'd appreciate any ideas, on how to get it to move along and accept the RIPped file, thanks.

I tried getting into 'setup' to reset the counter for Maintenance #3, (which relates mainly to the waste bucket, funnel, tubes etc) but I cannot even get there.
50875405_1033778430162229_389944332821463040_n.jpg
51130354_772941319746028_7219573581984825344_n.jpg

Ian

Dan360

You need to get into the service menu and reset SMK3 life. I'm not sure how to get there on a 260, but it should let you keep printing until it actually causes problems.

Christian @ 2CT Media

That is a hard maintenance stop and it involves more than just those things. There are sensors to replace and alot of times its good to change the belt at that interval.

KMC

Graphic Artist
we just replaced ours about a month ago you will need to call one of your suppliers and get a service tec out for a service 3 maintenance kit

StarSign

Our 26500 has had that up for close to 2 years now. It still prints like a champ, however it's not worth the price to have serviced any more, so we will run it until it finally gives up.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Thanks everyone very much.
This one would not print while it displayed that message, but I replaced the waste ink bucket, air/ink spray filter, tubes and funnel, and cleaned the carriage rails and oiled them - and the message remained.
So I went into set-up mode and reset the SMK3 counter, rebooted it, and all is good now- printing again.

Thanks again