• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP LAtex 260 series printhead warranty returns? Where?

SignProPlus-Chip

It seems to be top secret info, we cannot find it anywhere. Grimco doesn't even know. My business partner is on the phone with HP now, but getting nowhere.

So can anyone tell me or send me info on where to return Print Heads that are in warranty but have failed?

In my experience (in the US), on warranty printhead replacements the new head comes with packaging and a return label to send the failed head back to HP. Did this not happen in your case?

SignProPlus-Chip

No, We have not recieved a new head yet...we were looking on the info of who/where to contact for the replacement process to begin with.

After about 45 minutes on the phone and half a dozen transferred calls we got it all sorted out. Really though, this info should be more readily available...what a pain in the butt.

In my experience (in the US), on warranty printhead replacements the new head comes with packaging and a return label to send the failed head back to HP. Did this not happen in your case?

Update.

I took me about an 30 min on the phone with tech support and three transfers to get to the right person. You have to generate report file from your printer every time print head dies in warranty. But after that I got my printheads sent to me overnight.

jrsc

we always just call HP support. Used to take about 2 minutes but now seems to take about 10 and sending the report. If you have the report ready before it will go quicker. They just overnight them with a return label. We get a ton of cyan printheads that fail in warranty

ProColorGraphics

You have to call HP tech support. I have had all 3 versions of the HP latex printers. When you have the latest model, you get through almost instantly and there really isn't any questions. Once it goes "obsolete", aka when the new one comes out, it takes a LONG time to get to talk to someone and you get a little run around before they will send you a new one. I had them try to tell me that since some of the other heads were out of warranty, that might cause a good one to go bad. I called BS on that one as that has NEVER happened. This is one area that HP needs to improve on.

But yeah, with the older models, you have to wait on hold for a while to talk to someone.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I've never had a problem with HP and head warranty. I've called in at least 8 in three years, always get them the next day. Can't believe anyone would still want to use solvent. Latex forever!!!

Suz

Two yellow/black heads I bought just a couple weeks ago failed. I keep HP's Tech Support # handy, inside the manual. They asked for the documentation showing the heads are bad, in my case a digital cell phone photo of my test prints were used via e-mail, and also a copy of info found on-line regarding current condition of the printheads. Tech I spoke with was very nice, he overnighted the new replacement printheads to me. Problem solved. Had basically same experience when printheads were replace a couple other times.

No, We have not recieved a new head yet...we were looking on the info of who/where to contact for the replacement process to begin with.

After about 45 minutes on the phone and half a dozen transferred calls we got it all sorted out. Really though, this info should be more readily available...what a pain in the butt.