Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP Latex 310 - What is this part??? (and where do I buy one?)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by MarkH42, Dec 5, 2018.

1. MarkH42

MarkH42 Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    We have an HP310 latex printer and it has light blue spindles that insert into the cardboard media roll. Ours have broken and need to be replaced. Our designer spent a couple of hours on the phone with HP this morning and was told by one person that we have to buy the entire roll assembly (>$500) then was given a part number by someone else that turned out to only be for the 330. He is pulling his hair out trying to get an answer from HP and I told him I would put this out to the good people of Signs101 for some input. Has anyone else figured out a way to source this piece? I appreciate the help! HP310 3in Spindle Adapter.JPG

Tags:
  2. sinclairgraphics1

sinclairgraphics1 Sinclair Graphics & Installations

Mar 28, 2012
    Des Moines, IA
  3. MarkH42

MarkH42 Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Great! I will call them today. I appreciate the help!

4. Carlos Valencia

Carlos Valencia Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Dallas Tx
    Hi we have many of those in stock. We have some that are made by Hp and that look almost identical. They are just not as long. They work exactly the same and are only $29.99 a set. thanks, Plottermaster

5. stxrmxn

stxrmxn Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Brisbane
    Also if you dont use your take up reel steal one from there :)

6. Sign Man Spokane

Sign Man Spokane New Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Spokane Washington
    Looks like the Plotter-Master eBay store isn't around anymore. Anyone know of anywhere else to get these? We've patched ours back together several times but it's probably on its last leg.

7. Carlos Valencia

Carlos Valencia Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Dallas Tx
    hi what part are you looking for?

8. Sign Man Spokane

Sign Man Spokane New Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Spokane Washington
    …the part being discussed in this thread. I don't know what it's called which is part of the problem.

9. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I believe they're called spindle hubs. Though I've never seen them sold separately from the entire spindle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I snapped mine like two years ago and fought with it forever till I realized I could just steal one off the takeup reel. I was thinking I'd called HP and they told me hundreds of dollars too...I figured I'd just fight it instead of paying that crazy money.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Carlos Valencia

Carlos Valencia Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Dallas Tx
    I think what you are looking for is the 3" spindle adaptors. We sell many of those, they are $29.99 a set of two. thx Wideimagesolutionscom

12. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Do also sell the blue plastic roll holders from l360?

Attached Files: