• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 315 CONTACT SHEET ?

depps74

I was wondering if there is a way to make a contact sheet on the HP 315? I want to send my customer a variety of exposures and saturations so they can pick the value they like best and I can match it exactly whereby cutting down on subjectivity. Any ways to do this through the FLEXi software or HP settings??

Vinylman

This is just MY OPINION; placing the control of the finished product into the hands of a generally untrained client is going to lead to MAJOR issues down the road.
IF you give them a "variety" of choices on exposure, and saturation, you WILL end up with problems.

It should be YOUR decision on each job what will serve the clients best interest, NOT the other way around.
And lastly, IF you have a client who "thinks" they should be making decisions as to what "Saturation, and Exposures" will best represent their final product, {this is what I WOULD do} send them packing. Anyone THAT critical of the outcome of a finished product will NEVER make you any profit. ONLY HEADACHES!

papabud

Lone Wolf
if you can produce a few samples in your design software. thats what i would do. if your talking about adjustments on the rip. dont do that. needs to be something that can easily be recreated with out having to remember what adjustments was made on the rip.
always keep it simple. to many choices will just muddy the waters and make reproducing it a nightmare next time

depps74

This is just MY OPINION; placing the control of the finished product into the hands of a generally untrained client is going to lead to MAJOR issues down the road.
IF you give them a "variety" of choices on exposure, and saturation, you WILL end up with problems.

It should be YOUR decision on each job what will serve the clients best interest, NOT the other way around.
And lastly, IF you have a client who "thinks" they should be making decisions as to what "Saturation, and Exposures" will best represent their final product, {this is what I WOULD do} send them packing. Anyone THAT critical of the outcome of a finished product will NEVER make you any profit. ONLY HEADACHES!

Thanks vinylman, unfortunately they are trained in that they are museum curators and 100% of my income so not giving them options is not an option as they will just use other vendors who will.

bpfohler

OOh, I worked with a museum once. It was a nightmare, these people nit-pick and critique everything. Your probably just the latest of many victims.
My advice, expand your customer base. I know it’s a cliche but don’t put all your eggs in one basket.