• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 315 Printing On IJ 180Cv3

From what I can tell from searching this site it seems like this vinyl will work alright with my Latex printer but I wanted to ask directly. Is the IJ 180 okay to use with the HP Latex printer? I'm a bit concerned because when I was loading the substrate into the printer it wasn't listed as one of the vinyls certified for HP Latex.

Specifically what I'm printing is a wrap for the sides and back of a 53' trailer. I haven't had this printer for very long and the last couple of these wraps I did with the Arlon 6100. I had several issues with the panels not lining up great and the 6100 is really tough to install in the heat so I want to try out the IJ 180. Any ideas on how to get better alignment? There a different material I should be using? I do use the automatic tile flip setting but I'm not sure that's relevant to alignment.

This is a little bit of a tangent but it's relevant to this job. When should I replace the printheads on the 315? I've replaced one so far when I was having issues but I'm thinking I might need to replace the rest before a big print like this since they have quite a bit of use on them. 2300mL for the C/K heads and around 1800 for the one Y/M I haven't replaced yet. They're all about a year and a half old.

I'm still pretty new at all of this. So far this forum has been a tremendous help, sorry if these questions were answered elsewhere I couldn't find them. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Absolutely you can print on it. Trying to remember if we installed from online server or if it was a default profile in our RIP. What are you using, Flexi? Onyx?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I believe I had to create that profile by cloning something else and running the full calibration bit. Takes maybe 20 minutes to complete.

I use Flexi.

There was a profile I found with the printer it just wasn't one of the Certified for Latex Inks profiles. Although I think that it just wasn't displaying correctly when I went to install it since I'm being informed that it actually is one of the certified ones.

Thanks for the help!

Anyone have any idea or opinion about the lifespan of the printheads? I don't want to get halfway through printing this wrap and have one crap out on me.

ikarasu

Substrate:
IJ180mC-10, ID 131380

They have a profile for 180MC... which is the same as CV3, just different air channels. Profiled and certified for your printer.

Heads? I have a few at 6 Liters right now that are working great. run a cleaning before printing... maybe print the gutter bars if it's a long 40-50 FT print... but odds are you'll be fine printing overnight if you experience no issues right now.

AGCharlotte

I'm nearly positive there was a IJ180 profile in the online library. I know I downloaded something to start from. Yes runs fine, stinks good. :) If I can avoid head strikes, my heads last 4L+.