Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP Latex 315 Statis Cling Profile

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by aprilchaos, Jul 11, 2018.

1. aprilchaos

aprilchaos New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Aruba

Attached Files:

2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    The media may be contaminated. Static cling vinyl is noted for short shelf life due to plasticiser migration.

To test this, clean one specific area with Isopropyl Alcohol, and mark that area with a marker. Then load the roll and print a job that extends inside and outside of the cleaned area. My guess is that you will see a significant difference in ink adhesion between the areas.

Try it and let us know your findings

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Thats bad media for sure! Cling has a super short life span and this is literally what happens to it. I carry a replacement to cling that is easier to instal and has a much longer life span, for future reference.

4. papabud

papabud Lone Wolf

Mar 7, 2016
    Toledo, OH
    i agree with everyone else. your roll has gone bad. i can see your grip roller leaving marks. that happens when it plasticizes
    wiping it with alcohol might help some.
    but i would get a replacement roll