• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 315 Statis Cling Profile

aprilchaos

Hey everyone, I've been trying to print on clear static cling on my HP Latex 315. However, the colors are not coming out very nicely. The black especially has a lot of grain in it. I don't know whether I should adjust the temperature, the saturation or the pass. Can anyone help me out?

See pictures here. https://1drv.ms/f/s!At1KMgye1db7htMNENr-O4MWTnXV1Q
s!At1KMgye1db7htMNENr-O4MWTnXV1Q

Attachments

• IMG_5356.JPG
    IMG_5356.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 436
  • IMG_5355.JPG
    IMG_5355.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 381
The media may be contaminated. Static cling vinyl is noted for short shelf life due to plasticiser migration.

To test this, clean one specific area with Isopropyl Alcohol, and mark that area with a marker. Then load the roll and print a job that extends inside and outside of the cleaned area. My guess is that you will see a significant difference in ink adhesion between the areas.

Try it and let us know your findings

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey everyone, I've been trying to print on clear static cling on my HP Latex 315. However, the colors are not coming out very nicely. The black especially has a lot of grain in it. I don't know whether I should adjust the temperature, the saturation or the pass. Can anyone help me out?

See pictures here. https://1drv.ms/f/s!At1KMgye1db7htMNENr-O4MWTnXV1Q
s!At1KMgye1db7htMNENr-O4MWTnXV1Q

Thats bad media for sure! Cling has a super short life span and this is literally what happens to it. I carry a replacement to cling that is easier to instal and has a much longer life span, for future reference.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i agree with everyone else. your roll has gone bad. i can see your grip roller leaving marks. that happens when it plasticizes
wiping it with alcohol might help some.
but i would get a replacement roll