• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 335 not calibrating well

We recently acquired a fairly new Hp Latex 335. after replacing the heads and giving it a clean/tuneup we build a few profiles for it. We measure to GRACoL and compared to our 370 it wasn't calibrating as high. I have since pulled the heads and checked them, run multiple head cleans. Attempted to build profiles a few times.

When we print out the status plots for both the 335 and the 370 we do notice some anomalies and would like to get some feedback on what might be gong on.
(see attached photo)
On the right side you can see the print from the 370 and the left the 335. notice how the 335 block is much bluer then the 370 on the right.
Any ideas as to why and what we can do to remedy this?

Attachments

• IMG-7730.jpg
    IMG-7730.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 314

bannertime

Honestly, and this is literally the first thing I would check, for no reason besides it'd be the first thing I could think to check. Did someone put Cyan in the K spot? I'm not sure if the machine would throw an error or not. My 335 produces a plot closer to your 370's version. Have you tried a different K ink cartridge?

Honestly, and this is literally the first thing I would check, for no reason besides it'd be the first thing I could think to check. Did someone put Cyan in the K spot? I'm not sure if the machine would throw an error or not. My 335 produces a plot closer to your 370's version. Have you tried a different K ink cartridge?

Checked and the cartridges are in the right locations and i think it would probably give an error also. As for swapping the K out its relatively new. about half full and still under warranty. its one of the first inks we replaced when we got the printer up and running. so far have replaced the K and C on the printer the rest are still what the printer came with when we got it.

bannertime

I'm not a print tech pro, so what I'm saying is just troubleshooting that I'd do. It looks as if the black ink is getting mixed with cyan. Or the black ink is bad. I don't know. If the problem still exist with new C/K print heads and new K ink, then something more serious is wrong. Some might would suggest cleaning the encoder strip (silver band behind the carriage) if it's dirty. Or making sure all the contacts in the print head area are clean.

szpion

Checked and the cartridges are in the right locations and i think it would probably give an error also. As for swapping the K out its relatively new. about half full and still under warranty. its one of the first inks we replaced when we got the printer up and running. so far have replaced the K and C on the printer the rest are still what the printer came with when we got it.
I had similar problem with yellow and magenta. Changing heads didn't help(replaced set of heads two times). At the end I changed yellow ink and it is working fine again. We had technician and what he didn't know what is wrong. Only what he was sure that it's not a ink problem:confused: