• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 335 vaccum not working after firmware update

Steve Murphy

Hey guys. Anyone seen or have a fix for the vacuum fans not working when loading media? After assuming my printer was doing auto firmware updates, yesterday I realised that was not the case! I downloaded and installed the latest firmware and now when I attempt to load a new roll of media the vacuum that usually holds the media flat doesn't come on. In the past once the media passes through the rollers and into the print zone the fans would kick in and hold the sheet flat so the head can check the width etc. but now they don't. When i manage to get the media loaded they work fine when printing, it just seems to be in the loading phase where there is an issue which caused a few head strikes.

Thanks!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't know how old your previous firmware was but maybe it was changed this way? I can see how the vacuum during loading could introduce problems.
I can check how it is on the L365 with the newest firmware but it I feel like this is exactly how it works.

Steve Murphy

I don't know how old your previous firmware was but maybe it was changed this way? I can see how the vacuum during loading could introduce problems.
I can check how it is on the L365 with the newest firmware but it I feel like this is exactly how it works.
It was pretty old I think but I didn't expect that a firmware update would change too much about the actual running of the machine. The problem I now have is when the substrate is initially loaded into the printer and I select what type of vinyl it is, usually the vacuum fans start up and suck the media to the print bed and starts to feed through to check the width etc. After I installed the new firmware the fans no longer start up during this loading phase so what happens is when the head comes out to check the widths the vinyl isn't acutally being sucked down so the head hits it. Even once I manage to get the vinyl through the loading stage if I hit the 'advance substrate' button to feed the material through the printer the vacuum fans still don't work - which they used to. It's very confusing.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So to be sure you have NEXUS_07_09_00.1 installed now which is the newest? Maybe you should try to downgrade and see if that helps you.
Does it do it with all the profiles? Like paper, sav, generics, not?

Well I checked and the vacuum does work for loading on our L365 so you definately have something going on there.

Last edited: