• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 360 Dreamscape Suede Tiling Color consistency

klmjff

I have run a few large Suede Tile jobs(using Onyx Postershop 12) and have had good success so far.

My question is, are there any tips to get consistent color throughout the entire job?

Light blues and grays are an issue sometimes.

klmjff

I forgot to add that, I AM rotating every other tile.

I was just wondering if there were any more updates or tips to help in keeping color consistent.

dypinc

I have run a few large Suede Tile jobs(using Onyx Postershop 12) and have had good success so far.

My question is, are there any tips to get consistent color throughout the entire job?

Light blues and grays are an issue sometimes.

Rotating tiles, thats a good thing.

Is your firmware at 7_00.11? That is supposed to help long run consistency.

Depending on how much ink (the light inks especially) your laying down, how many passes you're using and your color mode is CMYKcm you could be getting ink starvation in the one lc/lm printhead. Remedies are, slow the printer down by using a higher pass count or increase inter-swath delay, or use CMYK color mode if peppering from lack of lc/lm inks is not too objectionable.

AaronSSsignsKC

We print a lot of Dreamscape suede and usually big jobs that require more than one roll to complete the whole job. The biggest thing with this material is to flip every tile which it sounds like you already are and it is VERY important that if you are doing large jobs that require more than one roll that you contact you're supplier and get consecutive rolls from the same lot. Dreamscape is a great product but not consistent from roll to roll at all. Especially from lot to lot. We learned this the hard way by doing a few large jobs and the prints from roll to roll just wouldn't match. This can be a big issue if you have say a half a roll around that you are like hell i use it to start the job then finish it with a fresh roll you just got. Good luck!

dypinc

One thing I forgot to mention is the limited nozzle redundancy with only one printhead for the lc/lm inks. That also could be a cause of color inconsistency.

klmjff

Thanks for all the tips!

I am updating to the latest and greatest firmware that just came out as we speak.

I made a cmyk Dreamscape profile and will test out soon.