• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP LATEX 360 Maintenance cartridge question

klmjff

I just replaced my maintenance cartridge and now when the carriage passes over it, it's making a loud clicking noise.

I took it out and looked at it and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Anybody else ever have this issue?

Santimus

I've heard louder than normal clicking and narrowed it down to 2 things on my 360. each making its own sort of "clicking" sound.

1: might be the wiper blade is a little stiffer since it is brand new. when the carriage passes over it the wiper blade hits each of the print heads and since it is new and hits them in rapid succession it makes a louder click. This goes away once they break in.
2: the gears inisde sometimes make a clicking when they turn to move the cleaning cloth roll. Again, it goes away once it breaks in.

That's my experience with those noises. I hope this helps!

klmjff

I've heard louder than normal clicking and narrowed it down to 2 things on my 360. each making its own sort of "clicking" sound.

1: might be the wiper blade is a little stiffer since it is brand new. when the carriage passes over it the wiper blade hits each of the print heads and since it is new and hits them in rapid succession it makes a louder click. This goes away once they break in.
2: the gears inisde sometimes make a clicking when they turn to move the cleaning cloth roll. Again, it goes away once it breaks in.

That's my experience with those noises. I hope this helps!

Thanks much!