• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 360 - Onyx 12 - Can't import OML file - TOO MANY MEDIA MODES ARE AVAILABLE...

I use to be able to import OML files into Onyx and once that was done, my HP Latex 360 printer would upload it onto the printer automatically. But yesterday I started getting a message pop up saying...

upload_2019-3-22_10-2-58.png

These are the instructions I follow for OML files. I can no longer reach to step 4. Onyx does not synchronize with my printer anymore. Does the message above have anything to do with it?

Installing HP 300 Series Onyx Media Profiles

1. Extract the profile (.OML) from downloaded Zip file.

2. In Onyx RipQueue, select your printer and click "Configure Printer."

3. Select the Media tab and click on the Import button. Browse to the extracted .OML file. A dialog will appear which allows you to choose the media. Select the media and choose Import. The media profile is now available for selection in Onyx.

4. On first use of the profile (when hitting the Print Now button), Onyx will synchronize with the printer and you will be prompted to upload the media to the printer. Click Yes in Onyx, then Continue on the front panel of your printer when prompted. Once the printer panels shows that installation is successful, select the media on the printer. The profile is now fully installed in both the RIP and the printer and you may use the profile as normal going forward.

Do you have 250 types of media that you use? Delete some of the ones you don't use and see if it works again. The instructions are in the error message you got.

Dan360

I usually have to delete around 3-5 before that goes away. Delete them on your printer not in Onyx.

Do you use the virtual printer? We turned ours off and use hotfolders vs clicking print in our design software.
What's a virtual printer? I design in Photoshop, then flatten, save as a TIFF in a folder and go through Onyx by clicking Open and locating the file.

FrankW

This error message have no effect for printing through onyx, only for the virtual printer (Desktop printer driver which prints files to the hot folder). You can switch it off through general settings, or just live with the message which only appears when importing profiles.

Onyx makes a strange thing, creates one print mode separately for every contone resolution.